Crome Laptop Requirments

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Minimum Requirements + 800 MHz PC
+ 5 MB of extra space
+ 256 MB RAM
+ Windows 98SE
+ MS Scripting Engine
Recommended Setup + 1 GHz PC
+ 5 MB of extra space
+ 512 MB RAM
+ Windows XP SP2 (MS Scripting Engine is already included)

anyone running a slower machine?

yea i thought so too

i think my laptop is a 700 ish Pentium2
with 128 mb

didn't figure it would really be an issue but i want to datalog and make real time changes, etc...

how come you JUST got it?
i just sent out my ECU on friday
i grabbed one on thursday morning but it was a P13 auto, so i had to wait to ship it the next day
USPS tracking says it arrived in NJ on Sunday the 23rd, which doesn;t really make any f'in sense... unless they just mean in NJ and not delivered...

so prob around the end of the week i'll be looking for my ostrich, burn 1, 440's, ecu, and wideband :)

I didnt have one, finally the money situation allowed me to buy something new. It was an Ostrich! Now I can stop going back and forth and re-burning chips. I still have some rich spots under partial throttle and this will help smooth it the rest of the way out.

Nice on the parts, you'll be boosting safely in no time :D

yup... now i just need to crank up the boost to unsafe levels
lol

so any new problems with your accord? still running smooth?
hows throttle response from missing link/fmu to crome?

Not even worth comparing, its THAT much better ;)

No problems other then bolts coming loose here or there, but thats to be expected. I drove it to work today, 100mile round trip. It didnt overheat in traffic and was nice and smooth on the highway. I was able to keep EGT's around 1200 cruising at 80.

so i got a voice mail at 11 am yesterday from chris @ xenocron

hey, your computer is all done, send payment and i'll ship out your stuff today
i have no cell service at work so i didn't get the message till after 5pm, so i had to wait to send payment and now its going out today

w00t

Xenocron used PayPal Shipping with U.S. Postal Service to create a shipping
label for your package. Once the package is given to the Post Office(tm), it
will be on its way to you!
muhahahahahhaha
its on the way
yeeeaaaaa

booooo, then i'm gonna waste 150 getting crome pro on a laptop that won't log?

i thought they could datalog with those little palm deals?

the palm also doesn't need a lot of ram to run...

i dunno... try it. if it doesn't work, by another stick of ram

ram on dell's is under the little cover on the bottom right?
i think both spots are already used in my laptop...
piece of shit dell

I doubt you'll have any problem running a datalogging on it. I datalog fine on my tablet, and it's running a dinky transmeta processor. 640Mb of ram though. Ram is your friend. Clock cycle isn't really an issue on software like this, since the datalogging baudrate is going to be quite a bit slower.

Sorry if it's OT, but, T&A, what are you using to log EGT? Specifically, what EGT sensor/circuit are you using?

I didnt log EGT's, I kept an eye on them. I didnt do a full bore tune yet, its basically the A/F smoothed all out and some timing correction in boost. I adjusted the retard/psi of boost until I kept under 1500EGT's @10psi and made sure there was no knocking.

Back