crx check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

c-rex

the check engine light comes has come in on my 89 crx si. I am running a OBD1 P28 with hondata S200. I have looked around but am not certain how to read the trouble codes. Can I jumper the SCS wire so the CEL will flash with the s200 installed? If so, I don't have a connector to jumper, so what do I connect the SCS wire to? hopefully some one can help. thanks.

i don't think having hondata would change anything so you should be able to make the cel flash by grounding out the wire at d4 on the ecu.

OR, just pull the Hazzard and ECU fuse up at the pass/side strut tower (key off) for a few seconds to clear the codes and then pull the carpet back, then try and start it checking to see if it stats blinking again.
If so, the problem still exists and you just need to count the blinks and compare to the legend in the manual (or on here) and see which item isn't happy.

E

i don't understand why you'd want to make the codes reset.. he's trying to read them.

and he has an obd1 ecu, there is no blinking led on it. he has to count the flashes of the cel on the gauge cluster.

Only to clear the "current" ones still logged in the ecu.. If there is still a problem, those will arise.
You don't want to be chasing ghosts and wasting time.
That's all.
E

Back