CRX Engine plate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PinUpChick

This may sound totally stupid but this is the only place I know to ask! My boyfriend has a 89or 91ish CRX with a B16A engine. Once upon a time he came across a small blue plate from Japan that was supposed to go on the engine/in the engine compartment. It was rare-ish and of course, we lost it forever. I really want to get another one of these for him but Im not entirely sure what it is! (As you can tell :eek:!) It was totally awesome and really important to him and I just want to find him another one. If you have ANY idea what Im talking about, please help me out...and if not, dont be mean ;).

hey for reals iv'e never heard if it... but i do know that if you wana find one you could try searching for "B16 engine cover" im sure that would work better.... lemme know if you find it i want one too if its compatible with B18C1^_^

oh shit i think i know what you mean now that i think anout it and read your post over again... its like maybe about the size of a liscense? and has a polished frame/border around it? and bunch of letters and numbers and shit?

Thankss that's not it either! haha. It had genuine Japanese characters on it if I remember correctly. Dang.

does this sound like it? im actively searching this now lol :rolleyes: i found that on an australian tuner site... the plate they are talking about identifies what model engine and chassis

1) there will be a blue or red metal plate somewhere on the engine bay wall with the model code engraved on it, along with the chassis serial number.

did the one you see have any american script or was it all japa?

engine.jpg

---------------------------------------------------^
you mean that lil thing there at the bottom of pic in the middle of the car

JDM B16 Engine Badge

That might be it. I cant really tell from the pic. but yeah I do recall it being about as big as a license, maybe just a little bit longer and it was like a metallic blue. I could be totally wrong about the Japanese writing. (I wasnt exactly allowed to touch it. haha) But Im going to look into it too, thanks for helping me in the right direction, I hope. :-D

i confirmed it just a lil while ago... i went to my friend ryans house and looked at his brothers integra and it has one but its red.. but the same thing

the best search term i think would be "JDM B16 Engine Badge" all in quotes, thats actually what they are called... i saw one in a magazine one time like years and years ago... funny i at first thought you meant an engine cover lol

A Vin Tag!! That's it! Now of all these vehicle types to choose from, how do I know what to get?? haha I dont see any CRX B 16a on there..... lol

passwordjdm only ef7 and ef9. Just my luck haha. If you guys come across anywhere else with this, please let me know. :-D

Back