Crx Exhaust...any ideas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IMO.. take the car to a muffler shop and get a Dynomax w/ mufflershop piping.. (mandrel bent if they do it).. they're pretty quiet and flow well..

IMO.. take the car to a muffler shop and get a Dynomax w/ mufflershop piping.. (mandrel bent if they do it).. they're pretty quiet and flow well..

Yep that woul be the best option......if you still have a cat. at my local shop they didnt even want me close to the shop because I wasnt running a cat.

When my teg was boosted I just ran a 3" pipe all the way out, had a nice n quiet tone below 5k after 5k all you would hear is a angry engine(and a loud spooling sound).

hell I even welded on a headmans glass pack on it for shits and giggles. :D

Thats what K2e2vin and EG6SIR and I said.....but he said that is what he is running now. You can have two little pee-shooters for tips and still run that 2.5" I spoke of. Paint the back half with black BBQ paint and have the muffler shop tuck it up as much as possible. It will look stealth and sneeky but still give you some breathing.

CRX Si/CRX DX
88-91
1.5/1.6L
C
2"
SP/4"
88-1405

The exhaust flow of an engine has a direct effect on its performance. MONZA Performance Exhaust Systems utilize the right combination of larger than-stock, 16-gauge, mandrel-bent tubing and low back-pressure, high-flow performance mufflers for cooler, smoother engine operation and increased performance. Each system uses corrosion-resistant aluminized steel and features chrome-plated T304 Stainless Steel MONZA Premium Exhaust Tips. The finish is a durable black paint. Necessary hardware and instructions are included. MONZA Performance Exhaust Systems are designed to replace the original equipment muffler system and, in many cases, attach to the stock catalytic converter.
monza_exhaust_main.jpg

If i cant get 3", whats the next best reasonable size for a turbo setup? If i get a Dynomax muffler i need to know what size to get the inlets and outlets etc.

Thanks.

So Custom muffler shop 2.5" exhaust, with a dynomax turbo muffler, and a true2spec resonated straight pipe from some friends at Swap Shop Racing.

Sounds descent. Guess i better start saving.

+Rep guys.

I'd actually go for a 3" exhaust; and 2.5" only if they don't have 3"

3"
Yeah my current exhaust is 2 1/4"... dont ask why.. the moron who did my exhaust didnt weld most of it.. used U clamps.. AND STUCK THE MUFFLER OUT THE WRONG SIDE OF MY CAR... like seriouslly how lazy can you be.. but i didnt pay for it.. im just glad i blew off the muffler with antilag so now you cant even see the exhaust. :)

Main reason im looking for a new exhaust.

Last edited:
Checked out your build. Nice re-build of the motor. Did you dyno it with the turbo yet?

Oh thanks, surprised someone actually followed the link in my sig.

Yeah it dyno'd at 235whp. Its decent for now, until i can get some more money to throw around.

Back