crx gsr awd turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive seen that few months ago. the only thing i dont like is how the rear crossmember is so low.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 14 2005, 11:58 AM
and why would you go through all the trouble of doing this swap for 10% power transfer after your front wheels already started spinning...

1.7 60's are nice.

But I wouldn't do it, even though I really want to, but I want a bunch more power at the rear...like at minimum 200 hp.
[post=487119]Quoted post[/post]​

With a 10% power transfer to the rear wheels, there's no way you're going to pull 1.7 60's. This isn't even close to a full-time AWD system. Besides the minimal power going to the rear wheels - there's going to be some lag from when the sensors detect front wheels spinning, and as soon as they do stop spinning, the power will be cut from the rear wheels...possibly too soon.

If you want nice 60' times and/or true AWD cornering ability, get a full-time AWD system. Otherwise it's a waste of time and money.

montmagny_bfgoodriech128vi-vi.jpg

With a 10% power transfer to the rear wheels, there's no way you're going to pull 1.7 60's.

i might be a little slow but i think the right hand side says a 1.77 something 60 time... yes/no?

so does that mean that the crv puts more than 10% to the rear wheels? or that the above statement isn't quite true? or did i miss some other variable?

Alright, I'll amend my statement.

MOST people aren't going to pull 1.7 60's. Hell, I know there are plenty of Hondas running 1.7 or quicker in the 60, with just FWD. But there's alot more work that needs to be done than just throwing 10% power at the rear wheels.

Maybe he's altered the system to be a more even split between the front and rear? I dunno....something just seems unexplained.

if i remember correctly, the CRV center diff, which is in the rear diff housing(or in front of it), engages by hydraulic pressure. maybe he did something with the clutch plates or hydraulics so that the rear is always engaged.

btw, i wonder how the Nissan March's e-4wd compare. electric motors tend to have max torque at the lowest rpm, so in a sense thall be good for the back wheels right?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 14 2005, 05:18 PM
bah, electric motors are for pussies...

:D
[post=487185]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: dont hate, anything that can help improve FF's traction problems and doesnt cause a lot of drag is good enough for me.

okay, so i went to the honda site, and i kinda know how the system works on the new crv's, but chances are it hasn't always been like that. as far as making the system full time awd: i would think you could either set up a hydraulic pump to add more pressure to the system, or just get rid of the the clutch, and connect the drive shaft directly to the rear diff. seems simple enough right? or am i not thinking about something here? basically, i would think that you'd be good only using the crv's transmission and rear diff with a custom driveshaft and rear end. however, you'd need mad fabricating skills, and possibly, you'd need to beef up the rear diff to handle more power all the time. just my thoughts, tho.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Apr 14 2005, 05:01 PM-->
if i remember correctly, the CRV center diff, which is in the rear diff housing(or in front of it), engages by hydraulic pressure. maybe he did something with the clutch plates or hydraulics so that the rear is always engaged.
[post=487181]Quoted post[/post]​

Just like Honda Tuning Magazine did it's likely he welded the spider gears in the rear diff.

Honda Tuning Magazine Aug. 2004 - On All Fours Pt. 4

...this sytem uses two oil pumps, a pressure plate, and a very F1 inspired clutch pack to engage and disengage hydraulically. One of the two oil pumps is attached to the input side of the differential. The second pump is attached to the output shaft that is spun from the rotation of the rear wheels. When the front oil pump rotates faster then the rear pump the excess oil pressure clamps the pressure plate against he clutch pack and sends engine power to the rear wheels. This system has the ability to send up to 50% of the engine power to the rear wheels.

There you have it. It's 50% of total engine power. No more guessing now uh guys? A little research goes a long way.

I couldnt find any pictures, sorry.

Brian

Originally posted by unsivil_audio@Apr 15 2005, 09:05 AM
Curious....

CRXCRV4X4TURBO022-vi.jpg

It looks like he tapped the pressure for the vtec solenoid for his turbo. :blink:
[post=487449]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought that was a water temp sensor passage :shrug2:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 14 2005, 03:58 PM
i might be a little slow but i think the right hand side says a 1.77 something 60 time... yes/no?

so does that mean that the crv puts more than 10% to the rear wheels? or that the above statement isn't quite true? or did i miss some other variable?
[post=487163]Quoted post[/post]​

we still dont know if that was him or who he was racing against

Back