1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crx gsr or integra gsr

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by ecow92, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ecow92

ecow92 New Member

i recently picked up a 1990 crx off of a friend for 500 dollars. i already own a 1997 acura integra gsr that is in good condition except for it need a front bumper, core support, hood and winshield. i was wondering if i should swap the wiring, computer, motor, tranny, shift linkage and axles all over onto the crx or should i leave them on the gsr? i would also take the meshy rims and seats i have a friend who will do the swap for $300 and the shell of the integra after i get everything i want out of it? what should i do?

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

if the crx is in good condition (no major rust, body straight, etc), then i would definitely swap over the stuff from the gsr. if the crx is rough then it would probably be more worthwhile to just fix the wrecked integra and have a nice car.

3. LOWLIFE

LOWLIFE Local Diesel Fanatic

/\ what he said. only I will add factor in the interior condition of both cars. that is a big resale point, my car has a nearly flawless interior and a fair (no rust but faded paint and a dent in one of the doors) body. I see the interior all the time so it needs to not be a pile.

4. STC b series

STC b series boost or bust

5. ecow92

ecow92 New Member

wat motor should i go with i have a few options i have a stock gsr motor and tranny but i have a friend who wants to swap an ls (non-vtec) with type r tranny (5th gear Ls) and another friend who wants to swap a b20 with a b16 head. which option should i take or should i go with a combo of the like the b20 block with gsr head and then the type r(l
    s) trans

6. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

dont mess with the gsr motor, just keep it whole. if you want you could put the type R transmission on there, the LSD and the shorter gearing would be sweet.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted