Crx Help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok

a project is a project is a project.

everyone told me i was stupid for being the only person in the US with RPW parts on his mirage - an aussie company with ZERO support stateside. i took a $1200 beat to shit riced out mirage and made it a GREAT DD. never left me stranded, but has left me shaking my head a few times.

what was your point again? :)

i suppose ill change my point from having too big of expectations and not enough to work with, to people who post shit looking for opinions then get pissed when they hear something they dont want to.. good luck, im sure you guys will get alot of help thinkin that way

i suppose ill change my point from having too big of expectations and not enough to work with, to people who post shit looking for opinions then get pissed when they hear something they dont want to.. good luck, im sure you guys will get alot of help thinkin that way

what is your deal, I got it because it was clean, tell me what will be reused that a ricer could have tampered with? im replacing the whole suspention, motor, fuel system, driveline, brakes, alot of the body pannels (hood, bumper, doors, hatch with SIR parts) im not really seeing a problem here. . . the car is getting gutted, there isnt much that could backfire via some ricers attempts to add projector headlights and a poo poo exhaust. . . I think your getting upset about this and negitive for no reason. . . why must you hate? appreciate!

i'll be there to help him along the way as well :)

can't lose there.

know where there are a set of mugen wheels kicking arround forsale?? ;)

I know there is a set on a crx in ct. lol but I dont think he is selling his

they are for sale. check the f/s forum.

I love it when people are completely incapable of seeing the forest for the trees. I knew there was a reason why I didn't like this guy.

For the record. I don't give two flying fucks at a rolling doughnut what car you chose to build or what you chose to spend your money on.

is this directed to me? if so w/e thats your choice.

Hey, for only $200, id say its a nice pickup.

You can always just pull the harness and put a new one in, thats not too expensive. Good buy man, will make for a nice project. Cant wait to see the progress!

I don't understand why you want to do a K-swap.

X$ spent on K swap = Yhp
X$ spent on Turbo B swap = Zhp
Z>Y

Why would you spend more money for less HP? is it for the baller factor of driving a K? Not tryin to hate, I think K-swapped rex's are badass, I just don't get why you'd spend that much when more can be had for less.

AUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!! Where??? Im being stationed in the NT this year.

i know lol....

three letters RHD...

remember your post on anyone looking for rhd cars? because of the fact youll be over here....

im in nsw....but i think ive got some friends over that way...

you still considering shopping for our fellow hondaswappers?

id be more then happy to drive up there and have a drink with ya and give you a hand with the shopping list ;) providing we can get all of our shit together mang

I don't understand why you want to do a K-swap.

X$ spent on K swap = Yhp
X$ spent on Turbo B swap = Zhp
Z>Y

Why would you spend more money for less HP? is it for the baller factor of driving a K? Not tryin to hate, I think K-swapped rex's are badass, I just don't get why you'd spend that much when more can be had for less.

why swap a prehistoric motor into the car>? and you seem to have you facts wrong, because getting 240whp out on an N/A B-serries swap you looking at a hell of a lot more money than to do a stock K20a2 with cams. . . and get the same ammount of power. I dont want boost, If I did want to boost id still use a K-serries because it will still make more power than a B-serries. . . people have a few of the new, its time to evolve to the new technology ;)

I dunno, I have no personal experience, but the majority of things I've heard about K's pushing for higher HP have been negative. Will you be using stock internals?

I dunno, I have no personal experience, but the majority of things I've heard about K's pushing for higher HP have been negative. Will you be using stock internals?

negitive, im going with a forged Bc crank and IB forged K24 Ultralight rods with 12.5:1 CP's, the head will most likely be a K20a2 head with Bc valvesprings/retainers and IPS KME's

far from stock :D and tuned with Kpro probalby arround 250whp once finished, not to mention thats on a mild build

That's for over ~260hp range. The earlier K's(not sure if the later ones have this issue), have oiling and piston issues when pushed beyond their limits. Even then, they can still make a healthy 220-240whp pretty easily which is VERY good and still more HP than most of the B18's driving around. You're also starting with a extra 200cc(extra torque) and higher head flow(hp potential).

That's for over ~260hp range. The earlier K's(not sure if the later ones have this issue), have oiling and piston issues when pushed beyond their limits. Even then, they can still make a healthy 220-240whp pretty easily which is VERY good and still more HP than most of the B18's driving around. You're also starting with a extra 200cc(extra torque) and higher head flow(hp potential).

;) K-serries FTMFW

HONE ftmfw!!!, Good luck on the car, thats an amazing find considering its a CRX and theres almost no rust. Buy the harness like you said and call it a day. Don't lsten to them they're just tryin to bring you down. That car with a K24/20 swap would be sickening and im dissapointed i wont be around to see it happen. (im moving)

For $200 its a great buy. I spent $400 for a rusty 89 HF with no wheels, no 1st or 2nd gear. And this is in Arizona where rust is rare. After having an SI trans installed for me and a new radiator, and a new ignition switch, I've got a reliable back-up car for Under 1200. Now a bad deal was the 90 CRX I bought my son. Straight body, 98 HF lightweight alloys, lowered on eibach springs, 20K on rebuilt engine, 1K on rebuilt 5 speed. paid $1200 then some more for a cat and 02 to pass emissions. The bad deal in this one was I gave it to my son. He has wrecked it 3 times and is bent beyond repair. :)

Back