CRX LS limp mode help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BIGP4LIFE

As the title says, I have a 90 CRX with a LS swap in it and its running in limp mode. The car previously had a mini me swap with a chipped p28 with a jumper harness. Now it wont rev passed 4k. Its a 96 engine, we're running a 94 intake Mani OBD0 dizzy and OBD0 PR4 ECU. The car runs and idles smoothly but will not rev any higher than 4k. All grounds are clean and all injectors are measuring within spec. Any help would be greatly appreciated. i have to have this car road ready by tomorrow........

there is but cant think of the part right off hand, but i do remember that its best just to get a complete dizzy bc as soon as you fix that the other part will go out. by chance do you have any check code lights on ? like 4 maybe

the only code im throwin is 14 one long four short unless its throwin a 10 and a 4 which i dont thinks the case and 14 is iacv and i swopt that out with another and the same thing .....now i have the 2 ohm injectors in the car would it change if i did the 12 ohm ?? but idk it has to be in a limp mode bc its to consistant on the cut off as soon as it hits 4000rpm it sounds like a 2 step and holds

i have one but hes an hour away im tryin to get up with him but idk ...my prob is no one does old school really around here me and another friend are the only ones that roll ef or atleast try to swap then i should say ...... and this dizzy ran the same swap in another crx a year ago thats what has me frustrated but he was usin a b series harnes not the stock crx

just re read your post, so has the car been converted to obd1 ? if the main and dizzy are obd1 why are you running a obdo ecu

well i converted it to obd1 with the single cam vtec swop and had the p28 when i went to do the first start up with the p28 wouldnt fire the injectors, so then i got a obd1 ls comp and same thing, so my friend had a PR3 so i took the jumper off and plugged it in directly and it fired up but ran on 3 cylinders, i then found a bad injector so i replaced that at the same time i got the PR4 and it now runs good idles good and revs smooth untill it hits 4000 and just like i said sounds like a 2 step, and it was converted to obd1 but all the stuff on this is obd0 so i just took out the jumper and ran obd0 comp ....... the only thing thats really left would be the resister box which is what is alowing the other 2 injectors to run so its mpfi

so idk if that is a prob or what so i didnt kno if i got a full obd0 90 integra harness and just used that if it would solve my probs????

its starting to sound like a bit of a mess lol, if the dizzy and main are obd1 then you need a obd1 ecu.

the dizzy is obd0 and idk what u mean by main but its in a 90 crx dx so it came with a dpfi d15 and then i did the z6 vtec swap and jumped it to obd 1 and now i took the jumper out and am back to obd0 and everything is good just wont rev past 4000

oic, now, yea the obd0 ecu should be fine. back to the dizzy being bad again, idk where you live but here sometimes the parts stores will let you bring the dizzy back for a refund if it dont fix the problem. maybe call around and ask them, if not i would see if your friend with the same dizzy would let you borrow his before you waste your money.

yea i could at the parts store im in good with all them and buy enough crap from them its not a big deal i just dont wanna spend $200 on a new one ya kno lol

well try it for the hell of it lol, then take it back even if it does fix it lol. better than an hour wait lol

true lol ok thanks for the help if u think of anything else please let me kno

well i tried a diff workin dizzy and no luck ..... im still throwin either a code 4 or 14 and 14 is iacv which ive put 3 diff ones on so idk and code 4 i believe is the cps so idk..... i have a ? about the injectors im runnin 2 ohm injectors should i try the 12 ohm and maby thats it ???? and or a diff fuel rail and the tps is wired the same way as the 90 integra so idk about that but the tps should be good so please if any one has any feedback or insight let me kno ASAP please thanks ......................

im not sure at this point without me being there, sounds like there is some kind of wiring bug going on. best thing to do if it was me id take all the wires off and start fresh with a good write up.

Back