crx SI d16y8 stalls when under half tank

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

harley261

If I have a full tank of gas my car runs fine. I replaced the fuel filter. When I am under a half a tank of gas my car will almost stall when I come to a stop light. Sometimes it will catch itself and idle at 750-800 rpms. If I give it gas when it is idling funny sometimes it will act like the ignition is shut off for example if I am coasting up to a corner with the clutch in rpms are below normal idle I will downshift into 2nd and try to give it gas through the corner but there is nothing there, like the ignition is off, then all of a sudden it will come back like nothings wrong. I don't know if it is a, no fuel, or no spark issue. I am running the stock ecu pm6 I think or something. There is no CEL on the cluster but the light on the ecu will flash. It will flash 13 short flashes. I am using the crx distributor and wire harness. Any ideas will help. Thanks

There is no check engine light on the gauge cluster but the light on the ecu flashes 13 times fast, NOT 1 long and 3 short, but 13 short.

pretty sure that's the code for the map sensor. check it with a multimeter.

Back