CRX Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damonk001

i was wondering if anyone has any advice for a newbie to the world of swapping. I have a 91 CRX dx and a 89 CRX si. The D15 in the dx is dead and the body & frame on the si are dead. I'm in the process of putting the D16 into the dx. the D15 is disconnected with the exception of the roll pin in the shift linkage. I plan on dropping the D16 block, tranny and drive axles into the 91. I'm also gonna change out the ECU, harness, seats and possibly the door panels. I also picked a slightly used 4-2-1 header Ractive stainless header to slap in as well. Is there anything strange that I might be missing in the swap? Right now the only info I have to go off of is the helm's manual and a how-to list I downloaded a few days ago. The how-to list says to use the existing harness, but I'm not sure about that. Any ideas? Thanx in advance for the help

1 thing u have to do is change from DPI-MPFI, theres alot of writeups on this sight about them, so do a search and u should fine out what ur doing. other than that i dont really know what else to say.

u shit, i coulda said alot more but it just came to me. anyway, use the Si wiring harness, then all u need to do is wire up MPFI, and put in the Si harness and everything will plug up, ur ecu will work fine and it will be the easiest.

my bad. I was buildin a sleeper before, but since i picked up a kit, i guess it won't b a sleeper anymore. so basically bring it all over and i won't have issues. i'm a computer freek and am learning my rex as i go.

Back