1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crx/type R

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by RRRex, May 25, 2003.

1. RRRex

RRRex Junior Member

Been having some issues with my motor lately. 98 B18C5. Blowing white smoke. Plugs are reading lean and getting a humming sound coming out of the air intake filter from the throttle body. Anyone ever hear that before?

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

well the smoke question, i should know but for some reason i forgot what white smoke means.. anyway, check your hoses around IM/intake. also, many aftermarket intakes to make a slight hum, b/c of the increase in airflow into the IM, it also might make a whistle when u turn the car off, this is also normal. sounds kinda cool too ( my car does it :D )

3. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

another thought just came to me. whats ur timing at?, if ur running lean, then u might have the timing fully retarded. check that out and that might be the cause of ur lean problem. or check ur injectors.

4. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

white smoke is usually coolant being burned. if it is blu-ish white then its oil being burned. and if its black smoke ur running rich as fuck. have you been running it hard,? if so more than likely a head gasket problem.

5. RRRex

RRRex Junior Member

Yeah, the car is mainly a track car and gets beat on frequently. In fact, it only gets beat on. The timing was really advanced, I just pulled it back a bit after the plugs read lean. Been having an IAC valve issue which I think I sorted out. Also throwing a 71 and 72 code. Engine misfiring in cylinder 1&2. I know I have to take it in, but want to hear as many theories as possible so I don't pay for work I don't need.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted