CRX What year is the best????

Which year is best???88,89,90,91???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90||

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 6 2003, 02:20 AM
91 si. rear disc brakes y0

YEh i agree . The 90-91 crx si is the best!

IN suspension, the 88-89 crx si have better handling from what i hear....

90-91 CRX's have rear disc's. so good for Auto X, if u want the best CRX to swap into, go HF its the lightest and already has MPFI, and its easy enough to swap integra or CRX ( 90-91) rear disc's onto them.

Put me down as the third vote for 1st gen, 84-87.

Can't believe it wasn't an option in the poll! :)

ebay01.jpg

Hecky Yeah! (Also a shameless plug of my new 86 CRX :) Aint she purdy?)

First gen > Second gen for flickability, easy suspension layout and ease of ownership.

Yeah, you need to press, bridgeport, lathe and milling machine to actually do anything with them - But once you get the idea of how to make SOHC power and chassis mods, the first gen is your friend.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Oct 6 2003, 11:11 AM
Yeah, you need to press, bridgeport, lathe and milling machine to actually do anything with them - But once you get the idea of how to make SOHC power and chassis mods, the first gen is your friend.

Forget SOHC power... I'm just dumping a B18C1 into it. :)
I'll be keeping the EW1 in my 3rd Gen Civic hatch and will autocross with that. The CRX is for straight lines! :)

The poor Civic has 139k on it (not much for a 3rd gen but still), and broke its timing belt. I'm swapping on another head for the time being, but I might swap the EW1 currently in the CRX into the civic... only 52,000 miles on it, 190 compression all around.

that's a funney statement....it was a car that was never developed to go strait fast....even after I turbo'ed mine, I am still a little scared to push it above 110 mph....it's just not that stable of a wheelbase....it was more in the lines for being a cornering car....and thats why a lot of people have autocrossed them... But there are a lot of brave souls out there that like to add the heaveir engine and dive too much during the braking stage, when they don't realize that a homemade turbo will really bring the car to life. It stays light weight, and controlability changes very little...

hehe....twice in fact....

dohhh...3 times now..

Back