CRX What year is the best????

Which year is best???88,89,90,91???

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90||

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Airjockie@Oct 6 2003, 01:09 PM
it was a car that was never developed to go strait fast...

That's why it's fun to (try to) make it go fast. :)

It's fun to make it go fast...I know. With my little $300 turbo set-up, I can prolly take on a stock Rustang or Slovette, and be happy. But the real fun it to get it to go tast, keep traction, and corner around cones as fast as possible....now that is a rush. Granted a basic B18C5 swap, lightly sprayed, or a small turbo, would make the car nothing but a rocket.....and the extra weight up front will deminish the controlability, and your cornering is going to suffer, unless you get the 27-29mm torsion-bars, and upgrade the intire suspention completely, and add Teg brakes...it has been done, and many people who have done it complained to much on bottoming out all the time, can't steer into the corner, or the complete loss of streetability....it just to fast to even start in first, if a cop is behind you, unless you have a weak clutch. You will find that to much power will either make you lose traction to much, or constantly replace tires all the time. Plus the cost of a C5 swap is too much, when a drop in the wallet for a homemade turbo is so fun.....I have been enjoying my little experiment so much, that I am almost put more than a 1000 miles on it...in only 3 weeks....

And most honda people think the stock D15A3 is a wimp.....the stock bottom has 219,968 miles on it now, and I am at 9 PSi.....but I baby it like crazy...untill I am on the track.

So the cliff notes....
Drag racing only car=B18C5 Swap
Autocross/Dialy driver=homemade turbo
the engine is stronger than believed to be.

i love my 88 dx i swapped it out to a b16 with an ls trani lovin it :)

Back