crx wont crank! please help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91crxhf

i have a 1991 crx hf with a d16a6 engine and ive been chasing this code 15 problem on and off for 3 years now !
the engine turns over but wont crank... shows code 15 after i try to crank it...so far ive installed a new main relay, new distributor, new plugs and new plug wires...
im getting voltage on the white wire to the ignitor but no spark @ the plugs
someone please help me out here ..i want my crx on the road!!

Loose or dirty connection, Short or open in circuit, but a new dizzy should have fixed that i would think

i never had his problem until i installed new plugs and wires , went to crank it afterward and this......

After you check for spark, check to see if you wired everything correctly. Best of luck to you my friend. I'm curious to know what your problem ends up being.

no spark coming from the #1 plug , i also used a multimeter to check for voltage on the plug wire as i turned the motor over and got nothing , no voltage...

I just remembered this, we had the same problem with my dad's EG where it wouldn't crank. I swapped out his ECU for mine and it started right up. Perhaps it could be your ECU? :dunno:

no other plugs firing , i also swapped in my si ecu and still the same thing.
this is driving me crazy, i know voltage is getting to the igniter but nothing after that!

Wow. I'm curious to know now what it ends up being. Best of luck. I'm sure someone will come around that will have a good idea of what is going on.

even though its rare you might have got a new bad dizzy ive done it before

I think so. One would be VTEC and the other would not. From what I can remember, it would take some ingenuity to fit the wrong dizzy in the head. Mind you, this is from what I can remember and I'm not the most versed person on here. Perhaps AHH will get back in time to help you out.

the d16a6 is a non vtec si motor, and both the hf and si are mpfi fo i dont think it would mater what dizzy it is. but im not 100% sure on that one look at the part number on the old dizzy

I'll stick to EG's from now on. haha I have wanted a white CRX for quite some time. It would make the "family" complete, though I am not sure what I would do with three cars. :D

hahaha, i may give you my white crx if i cant get it running !! anyway, out of time for today... im gonna do some more troubleshooting tomorrow .... thanks for all the help you guys!! were gonna figure this out one way or another....its probably something really simple ..........

Back