CTS-V or GTO?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey, I'm looking for my next new car. I want something big, and american, and RWD. Something I can abuse and not feel bad about.. and something around 30 grand.

What we've got is..

the Caddy CTS-V with an LS1 block making something like 400 hp 6-speed. 4 door, and comfort.
cadi_ctsv_over_main.jpg

Or the Pontiac GTO (aka Holden Manaro) with 400 hp (depending on year) 6-speed, 2 door.

2006.pontiac.gto.jpg

I'm leaning towards the CTS-V.

CTS-V will get you laid. GTO will get GM sackswingers all over you. It's an obvious choice. Performance, luxury, and the Caddilac nameplate.

Cadillac yo! I use to like the Gto's No i dont. Look at it! it looks like every other pontiac on the lot. nothing special,sporty,or fancy about it. Get tha caddy.

trappd-in-859 said:
CTS-V will get you laid. GTO will get GM sackswingers all over you. It's an obvious choice. Performance, luxury, and the Caddilac nameplate.

you shouldnt need a car to get you laid.

Yea, I know you shouldn't. I just mean that it would appeal to a lot more people than the GTO would. Besides, the gto looks like any other pontiac model. You would think that their new flagship car would look more aggressive.

i like the new cadillac coupe that is out, but i think this sedan is nasty.

as an avid domestic hater guy, i would like to say i love the new GTO and especially after driving one, id get one.

I looked at both cars when I was in the car buying market.

I bought a TL.

If you must buy one of those cars make sure you buy one that's used.

Yea, I like the coupe too, but its like $80k isn't it? I know the GTO is an outstanding performer, but I'm just not fond of the outside appearance.

jeffie7 said:
I looked at both cars when I was in the car buying market.

I bought a TL.

If you must buy one of those cars make sure you buy one that's used.

thats what i'm talking about!. Jiffies got my dream car right there. Acura TL. THE sexiest car Ever made IMO

the ctsv is a bit more then 30k.
ive thought about getting a new gto or charger here recently.

since volvo is hardasses and wouldnt take 10k down for an s40 t5, ive thinking american. chevy does everything it can to hand away cars.im thinking ic ould get one no problem. just an idea at this point though.

hey micah!!!! havent heard from you in a while. your envited to my wedding party as well. Its right down the rd from you. Mexico beach!

get the cadillac!!!!!!!!!!! man. If not wait and save up for the New camaro or something real fancy if your gonna spends that much moolah

micah said:
the ctsv is a bit more then 30k.
ive thought about getting a new gto or charger here recently.

since volvo is hardasses and wouldnt take 10k down for an s40 t5, ive thinking american. chevy does everything it can to hand away cars.im thinking ic ould get one no problem. just an idea at this point though.

That has nothing to do with Volvo or any car dealership for that matter.
Sounds like even with 10K down you still didnt aprove for the rest of the loan.

Get your Money straight BEFORE you go into a dealership, Get a loan for 20K from X company. go into the volvo dealership talk the car you want down to 30K OTD, put 10K down cash and give them a check for 20K from your bank or car loan company.

Last thing you want to do is try to talk a dealership down on a price and then ask them to finance it for you.

my TL was 26K red tag sale, no moving on the price, it wont happen. They offered me $1200 on my trade in. long story short I talked the car down to 23,500 OTD. WITH brand new tags.

If I didnt have money in hand BEFORE going in there, that would have NEVER happened.

I later found out from a friend that works for the dealership (other end of town, different store) that dealership paid 23,250 for the TL bwahhaha so they took a loss on the TL just so they could make a few grand off my civic.

jeffie7 said:
That has nothing to do with Volvo or any car dealership for that matter.
Sounds like even with 10K down you still didnt aprove for the rest of the loan.

Get your Money straight BEFORE you go into a dealership, Get a loan for 20K from X company. go into the volvo dealership talk the car you want down to 30K OTD, put 10K down cash and give them a check for 20K from your bank or car loan company.

Last thing you want to do is try to talk a dealership down on a price and then ask them to finance it for you.

my TL was 26K red tag sale, no moving on the price, it wont happen. They offered me $1200 on my trade in. long story short I talked the car down to 23,500 OTD. WITH brand new tags.

If I didnt have money in hand BEFORE going in there, that would have NEVER happened.

I later found out from a friend that works for the dealership (other end of town, different store) that dealership paid 23,250 for the TL bwahhaha so they took a loss on the TL just so they could make a few grand off my civic.

i didnt even try to talk the car down, i went in and said 10k down on a car that was 29 and some change after all fees.
they said in order to finance they had to have 12k down.
my credit is only around 650 or so, but theres nothing negative on it, no repossessions, no charge offs, no outstanding balances, nothing.
i know people who at the age of 18 have gotten 20k cars with no money down, they just all happen to be american made cars.

ive been told later from people who have bought from volvo that they are just tough to deal with. the salesperson was nice i guess, but did absolutely nothing to try to get me the car or to try to talk me into a deal or anything. just walked off and came back a half hour later and said 12k down.

regardless, for any car company to turn down 1/3rd of the final price as downpayment is retarded and pretty much unheard of from anybody i know.

Taco15 said:
hey micah!!!! havent heard from you in a while. your envited to my wedding party as well. Its right down the rd from you. Mexico beach!

get the cadillac!!!!!!!!!!! man. If not wait and save up for the New camaro or something real fancy if your gonna spends that much moolah

pm me the details and ill see what i can do :D

Like I said, they wouldnt turn you down if they didnt have to. add your 650 score and your income to debt ratio on top of a new 19K loan.... something wasnt right.

I went in with my loan in hand, however I had issues since it was on the weekend, so I told him I'll write you a check for X many dollars and I'll give you the rest on monday on I'll let you guys finance me with with your company today and I'll pay it off come monday.

they did a 100% loan for me no questions ask

816 credit score, zero debt, and enough income to pay a 3,000 a month car payment.

like I said, something didnt pass, either your debt to income ratio was bad or something else.

but once again if you walked to your local bank any bank at that, you could have easily said you wanted a loan and if you truly think you would have been able to get one then they would have givin you one, you could have then taken that check back into the dealer and drove home.

I was planning getting the car used, hence why I said around 30k.

Actually, if you find the 6.0 litre GTO with the pinstripping, it looks pretty sick, and very unlike all the other Pontiacs.

I like TLs but around here wayy too common, and not RWD nor Manual transmission are avail.... nor is it a big american clunker with 400 abusable hp.

Back