custom battery cables??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

Anyone running other than OEM cables on their car? I made a positive cable from autozone battery cable, then attached a pretty thick cable from a audio system as the power for the fuse block. Im not sure if that works but im having a hard time getting the car to start.. What size cable works? Im lost on this and id rather ask then go thru that stupid trial and error crap all week.
please help me out guys

I had a problem with 10-ish gauge with the battery in the back; not enough power to the starter. I installed the oem cable and stuck the battery back in the engine bay; worked fine. Switching to a 0ga. today.

id say 4-0 gauge would be about right, but i dont know that for a fact.

yeah 0 or 1 gauge sounded fine for the actual positive battery cable. BUT the smalll cabel that runs from the positive cable to the fuse block is what i really think my problem is. ANyone ever replaced that one?

have you tested the battery? and the ground wire? a 10 g is all i have used for small honda size startes, check all connections are clean and die electric greased then you should be okay if you have a good batt

yeah 0 or 1 gauge sounded fine for the actual positive battery cable. BUT the smalll cabel that runs from the positive cable to the fuse block is what i really think my problem is. ANyone ever replaced that one?
If your car turns on(all accessories work, lights, horn, etc.), then that's not the problem. I just used another oem wire to extend the battery fuse box wire and it works fine.

yeah everything will turn on, but no start and no crank until i mess with that. The clutch cable will heat up too alot.

Back