Custom Enclosure.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlow89

93 Del Sol
As you all know. I drive a 93 Del Sol Si. I have a 12 in subwoofer that i need to install. The box i bulit that i had in my explorer is way to big. i need to build a box in the trunk that will not get in the way of the targa top. and still have the volume required for optimal function of the subwoofer. any suggestions please tell.

1. I was thinking like a box the width of the trunk all the way at the back of the trunk(being where you unlock it!) this sounds like an ideal plan .

Please talk to me if you have any advice on what to do.
Thank you.

corner mount the woofer into one of the back corners...that or build a box that is slim enough, but be careful b/c you don't want to block the cooling holes in the back of the woofer.

Is there a spare tire well in the sol? I flush mounted mine with the floor in my Golf then mounted the amp under the pass seat. Still had full trunk use and nice sound. No spare then, but most of my cars dont have them anyway so I'm used to it :)

I have a pare tire section. but no spare in it. I've heard that on the del sols if you mount the woofers in the trunk they don't sound that good in the cab. They also said that it rattles a whole lot. If you know if it sounds good or not tell please.

I really dont know what the inside of the trunk looks like. Got any pics?

If you get a decent sized amp anything will bump ;) I like to overdrive the woofer and cut the enclosure size down. 500watt rms sub, give it 800+. Then decrease the box volume by 15-20%. Makes it fit better and handle the power. I have 2 15's in my Wifes SpecV with double the recc RMS power in a 20% smaller enclosure, it fuckin pounds HARD!! I've been into stereo's for over 10years, car audio anyway, and have played with lots of ideas. This one was actually shared with me from a friend that builds bass cars. It really works and saves space too :)

The sound does not transfer well in the del sol's because the gas tank is in between the trunk and the cab.

Your best option will be 2 8-10" woofers in a custom enclosure behind the seats. Either that, or make a ported box in the trunk with the ports going around the sides and porting into the cab, but that doesn't sound very good (I've seen it done).

I decided how to make the box. I fiberglassed the two corners to make a mold off the corners of the trunk. then built them up to a custom box in the corners. They hit very hard and sound great. So I wouldn't say that they don't sound good. Just because they dont rattle your brain don't mean they don't sound good. Thanks for the help guys. Appreciate it.

How would i go about ordering one of these enclosures? Just go online or what

Back