cv axel HELL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

trident

Ok, about a month ago i bought a 1990 honda civic hatch with what I was told was a 94 integra ls b18. 4 days after I bought it I broke a cv axle (drivers side half shaft). So I called the guy I bought the car from and he tells me no big deal its under warranty at autozone where he bought them, so I traded it out put the new one in but ever since my wheel has been making a thumping sound every time it makes a rotation speeding up as the wheel does. At first i thought wheel bearing so i changed it. Wasted 50 bucks there so i started asking questions about the motor. The motor is a b18a1 and tranny is s1-1053826. some people have told me that motor is 90-93 not 94. I know that the axle I put in was a 94, so is this what is causing the noise? and If so why wasnt it making the noise before if that was what he put in there! By the way he had just replaced it the day I bought it and it broke 3 days later and i wasnt even driving it hard. So far I have had it apart 5 times trying to locate the problem and I feel like im in cv hell. any help would be realy nice thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back