d series tranny rebuild help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spook001

i was wondering was it cheaper and easier to get another tranny or try a rebuild existing
the tranny grinds when not on the clutch but when u press the clutch it doesn't grind
i took the tranny off a replaced the throw out bearing
if i rebuild what all do i need to replace

Thanks

<_< :hmm:

WTF?? Dont all trannies grind if you dont use the clutch? If it doesn't grind when the clutch is engaged, then its fine. The driver might need a rebuild though.

But to answer your question, you could probably find a cheaper tranny in good shape than to go and spend the money and time on rebuild parts. And as far as what you need to replace, it all depends on what gears it grinds in, how bad the grind is and what it has done to the gears, etc... Its not a job for the newbie if you were wondering...

Originally posted by MXDesa@Apr 15 2005, 05:15 PM
<_< :hmm:

WTF?? Dont all trannies grind if you dont use the clutch? If it doesn't grind when the clutch is engaged, then its fine. The driver might need a rebuild though.

But to answer your question, you could probably find a cheaper tranny in good shape than to go and spend the money and time on rebuild parts. And as far as what you need to replace, it all depends on what gears it grinds in, how bad the grind is and what it has done to the gears, etc... Its not a job for the newbie if you were wondering...
[post=487613]Quoted post[/post]​

:fuckyou2:
yeah u dont have to be such an ass anybody can talk shit over the net
so that lets me know your not a real man maybe u need to rebuild on that

but i guess i did explain it a little wrong it does not grind in gears it grinds in neutral
when i am sitting in neutral it grinds then when i press the clutch it stops

Angry Bear was so the right moniker for the newbs,lol.

Back