D12a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Evilist

Hey guys i want to know something i have a D12A here, and i'm wanting to fix it up for fun what type of things can i do it, like if i can add a D15 head on it anything. oh and what i need to make this work.

Last edited:
We don't have the D12 in the US. Is your dual cam or single cam? If it's a single, you can probably add a VTEC head to it.

yeah man its a SOC, i just need to find out what parts i need, gaskets etc.. and what good tranny can fit on a D series engine.

All the D series transmissions (at least 88-00) are interchangeable. Just make sure you have the right flywheel/clutch combination (only an issue for 88-91 setups, not sure in NZ) so that everything mates up.

If you want to put another SOHC head onto your D12, you should be able to use all your stock gaskets. Of course, make sure you get the proper set of gaskets for your intake manifold if you're changing from DPFI to MPFI. If you're going to install a VTEC head, read up on "mini-me" here in the forums and around the net. The process in the US should be much the same as yours.

does anyone have pics of a D15 block and a D15 head i wanna see the differences

hey there is one question..
D15B block

shortblockby1.jpg

this is different on my engine... just a little
D12A BLOCK.

img7098ga4.jpg

oh and can someone give me the link to the mini article please.

Last edited:
Back