d15 to d16 swap .. HELP...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kinetisist

I have a complete donor 97 DX and a 90 HB with a bad engine...want to swap d16 into the BH ... the speedo is electric on the 5 speed...is there a way to convert back to mechanical or do I need to convert the gauge to electric?? ... I will have pics up later can't find down load cable right now .. ANY other help or advice would be great .. or good link would be appreciated also..
thanks

You will have to use the 90 trans and speedo. The motor you will have to swap the intake from the 90 motor onto the 97 motor, you will also need to change the thermostat housing and tube that goes to the water pump. Use the 90 distributor, So basically strip the 97 down to bare block and head then swap over all other parts from the 90 onto the 97 motor..

thanks for the reply .. I found out that I got miss information from another swapper because the tranny is a 97 not a 90 5 speed the only five speed that interchanges from what i see is the crx's 5 speed ... that means more money .. I am trying to do this on the cheap .. just for the experience then I will try something harder later ... so for now the 4 speed is goin in the EF .. and I have converted the wiring to acept the 97 alt and water temp and all the rest will be original for now .. really don't want to mess with a ref and have to drive hours to get the cert .. I live in the boonies so it just isn't practical. thanks again for the advice .. if any one needs pic let me know

4spd trans sucks lol i have a hatch that was originally dpfi and 4 spd i couldnt beat grandma walking to the grocery store lol ditch that asap for atleast a cable dx trans...

Back