1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D15b on US ecu?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by CRVTEC EG, Jan 13, 2005.

1. CRVTEC EG

CRVTEC EG Member

I'm installing a D15b in my brothers 92 dx hatch, just wondering if the US ecu will run the car and if it will, how well? I don't really know too much about sohc motors.....do i have to rewire anything for vtec? will vtec engauge without the JDM ecu?

Any help would be great

2. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

You either need to run a JDM ECU, add a VTEC pressure switch, or disable that feature in the ROM. I think also that motor uses a non-heated 1 wire 02 sensor (P08 ECU) so if you use a P28 you would again either have to disable the 02 heater circuit in the ROM or use a 4 wire 02. FWIW, a P28 should run it fine, but ideally a P08 would be what you would want. That or just tune it.

3. CRVTEC EG

CRVTEC EG Member

Thanks a lot, he's gonna have to run it with the P28 until he finds a P08 to run......i found a "mugen" chip on ebay that claims to add the vtec abbility to a P28 so it's basically a P08 but you can still run the 4 wire 02 sensor......not sure that i would trust something like that though

thanks again

4. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

moving to the proper forums :pillmove:

5. projekteg

projekteg Senior Member

the p28 already has vtec, so there's no need for a 'mugen' chip. your car is already wired for a heated 4 wire o2 sensor, so all you have to do is run a p28 and use the o2 sensor that is already in your car. the p28 and jdm p08 are basically the same exact ecu besides the o2 sensor differences

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted