D15b on US ecu?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRVTEC EG

I'm installing a D15b in my brothers 92 dx hatch, just wondering if the US ecu will run the car and if it will, how well? I don't really know too much about sohc motors.....do i have to rewire anything for vtec? will vtec engauge without the JDM ecu?

Any help would be great

You either need to run a JDM ECU, add a VTEC pressure switch, or disable that feature in the ROM. I think also that motor uses a non-heated 1 wire 02 sensor (P08 ECU) so if you use a P28 you would again either have to disable the 02 heater circuit in the ROM or use a 4 wire 02. FWIW, a P28 should run it fine, but ideally a P08 would be what you would want. That or just tune it.

Thanks a lot, he's gonna have to run it with the P28 until he finds a P08 to run......i found a "mugen" chip on ebay that claims to add the vtec abbility to a P28 so it's basically a P08 but you can still run the 4 wire 02 sensor......not sure that i would trust something like that though

thanks again

Originally posted by CRVTEC EG@Jan 14 2005, 10:46 PM
Thanks a lot, he's gonna have to run it with the P28 until he finds a P08 to run......i found a "mugen" chip on ebay that claims to add the vtec abbility to a P28 so it's basically a P08 but you can still run the 4 wire 02 sensor......not sure that i would trust something like that though

thanks again
[post=445887]Quoted post[/post]​

the p28 already has vtec, so there's no need for a 'mugen' chip. your car is already wired for a heated 4 wire o2 sensor, so all you have to do is run a p28 and use the o2 sensor that is already in your car. the p28 and jdm p08 are basically the same exact ecu besides the o2 sensor differences

Back