D15B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Niskyspy

Some questions about this swapping JDM D15B vtec into 93 DX.
1) Will all of the harness connect (exept Vtec)?
2) Are all of the hoses will connect?
3) If any one did this swap how long did it take you and did you think it was hard?
4) If you did the swap or drove the car with this engine, would you recomend this engine? I mean I dont have any money for anything else so its either D16Z, D15B, or OBD1 ZC.

1. yes.
2. yes.
3. depends on experience. I can do it in about 4 hours from start to finsh, some people it would ake a couple of days. I is pretty much a direct swap, except for adding wires for vtec and o2 (if you use a p28)

matt

Originally posted by hybrid89@Apr 4 2005, 04:10 PM
1. yes.
2. yes.
3. depends on experience. I can do it in about 4 hours from start to finsh, some people it would ake a couple of days. I is pretty much a direct swap, except for adding wires for vtec and o2 (if you use a p28)

matt
[post=482728]Quoted post[/post]​

Wo wo wo, so if I use P28 I will need to add O2 wire? (can you give me a link to a write up if there is one out there)

That means if I use P08 I am not gonna need a O2 wire?

I am really confused on the difference between O2 wires in these engines? Can anyone please clerify whats the difference and why do I need to change the wiring?

Thank you very much.

i dont think id stay 1.5 i had 93 dx.. 16.12 1/4 rigged intake and anza tip for god sake (hatch) if you wanna go faster and make it feel pocket worthy, get a b16somthing and wait a few weeks/months for that added cost

You won't need to rewire the o2 because the DX uses the same four wire that the D15B does.

As far as whether it will all plug up to your existing harness, is completely going to depend on the year of the motor. If it is a 96+ D15B than no, it won't completely plug right in. You need to make sure they send you a 92-95 D15B so that it is compaitble with no issues.

""4) If you did the swap or drove the car with this engine, would you recomend this engine? I mean I dont have any money for anything else so its either D16Z, D15B, or OBD1 ZC. ""

whats the price tag you have here so far?

a p28 reads for a 4 wire o2, the p08 reads for a single wire. the d15b should come with a single wire o2 sensor. If you use a p28 to run it, it with throw a o2 sensor code unless you swap in a 4 wire fron a z6 and vice versa.

Depends on the D15B. They were in a few different cars, in different configurations, in different gens.

Well, if he pulled his four wire from the DX and installed it, it wouldn't matter anyway. The P08 would be looking for only one wire, and if he used the P28 it would have all four, no problem. I did something similar with my CX when I got it. It had the 5 wire VX o2 (had a VX motor swapped in), and I ran just the CX ECU, it only looked for one wire, and it got it since it was in the same location on both harness.

Back