D15B1 mini me is it worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

docdc75

:huh: ok i'm doing a mini me swap for a customer. he's got a 4th gen. civic std. with a d15b1 block (i don't think it's worth it) but he had a spare head of a d16z6 off of his delsol that spun a bearing and the block is all jacked up. besides the dpi harness had to be changed he had the 4speed tranny swaped out for the si 5speed. in my knowege i've never heard of such with the D15B1 Cause all i've done was the D15B2 and D16A6 blocks on the 4th gen. this is a toltal new thing to me cause of the crank snout is a 22mm and all them others are a 24mm snout. :confused: can someone tell me what's the major differents of the D15b1 and the D15b2 bottom end blocks?:confused: so far the swap has been going good. he opted for the d15b1 composite head gasket rather then the D16Z6 mls head gasket. he wanted a light weight crank pulley but due to the crank snout being 22mm i don't think anyone sells one.:confused: Can anyone tell me what's the compression ratio going to be for this set up and what to expect on the horse power and torque output of this set up?:confused:

You got me there... I'll have to do some digging. I had thought the D15B1 and D15B2 bottom ends should be pretty similar, at least in the crank pulley.

the d15b1 has a 22mm crank snout and the d15b2 and d16a6 has a 24mm crank snout i have plenty of 1.5l/1.6l honda pulleys laying around the shop and i tryed them all plus the dail caliber doesn't lie lol do you know how much hp and tourqu would come out of this swap? what would be the compression on this mixed up block?

Sounds like a big headache to me....and the outcome will be moderate at best.

no so much as a head ache when you get paid for it when its work and no pay like my own then is a spliting head ache. i figure it'll be moderate but will the power output be the same as a d15b2 or d16a6 mini me swap. with a common mini me swap it ranges from 115 to 126hp right?

Usually with a 1.6L mini-me setup you get slightly more power than the normal SOHC VTEC, mostly because of the slightly higher compression from the flatter top non-VTEC pistons. I don't know how you'll turn out with the B1 pistons, but somewhere around 115hp would probably a good guess if everything in the engine is in good condition.

115hp not that bad form the d15b1 stock 70hp lol i just think this guy that i'm doing the work for really don't care as much. he said he wants to get it rollin and sell the 4th gen. to me i think it's not worth the swap but i have to get paid some how.

yo whats up man i have a old school 4th gen i have the same swap i did it from just parts i have laying around while i save for the build... :D my numbers are
118 hp at 6650 rpm 115 ft/lbs at 4500, the exact compression ratio is 9.86/1 very streetable...

as long as you use the metal head gasket that is, besides that it'll last forever...
napa composite gaskets fail rather easily

Did you use the same head bolts off the d15b1 on the d16z6 head because I'm going to be doing the same thing but it's my only car and I live 8 miles from town so it's gotta go together without any snags thanks

you use the vtec head bolts for sure. and you will need the timing belt idler pulley possibly, they change from year to year and model to model but it only took me like 3 hours from installing head and manifold, to wiring injectors. go for it guy, < but i am ase master so give your self a weekend you'll be less stressed

I like my zc/z6 mini me swap its worth it and for the cost you cant beet it

Ok that's cool I was just wondering. Cause I really didn't know there was really much different in the d15 and d16 or then being newer being a little bigger.

And also about the mini me. What all do you need too make it happen? I got a extra b15 block that I would love to throw a vtec head on and put in my crx just for a little power and great gas mileage.

Back