d15b2 (dpfi) to mini me d16y8 head and mpfi

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

91crx d15b2

ok i have a 91 crx with a d15b2. and i want to put a d16y8 sohc vtec head on my d15b2 block i think it will bolt on. do i need
a ecu because the one i have now is non vtec. what ecu would be best here?and what harness should be used here? do i need i vtec dist.cap rotor and so forth?

what would be the easiest way to go from dpfi to mpfi? i want to do this all in one shot

thankx for your help

Hey, if your still doing this swap, I would highly recommend a p28 ecu (chipped), or a cheaper alternative route is the P06 then get a conversion harness for d16a6-d16z6 and install a Z6 distributor, and everything for a Z6 motor (same difference) but get the y8 manifold and a y8 headgasket, also the y8 timing belt with a Z6 cam gear or an AEM one (AEM is pointless on a stock motor though, I believe). Take care and even if you have finished your project let me know how well it's running and what you recommend, please. Thanks buddy take care and sorry for the novel:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back