d15b7 dizzy on a d16y5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JoeDaddy

hey guys i was wondering if a d15b7 dizzy will work on a d16y5 . ok here's what i got, i recently bought a 95 2dr civic ex with a d16y5 swap, the original motor was a d16z6 well the z6 is a 0bd1 and the y5 is a obd2 i was told to use the dizzy from the d16z6 but it seems like the car runs sluggish and besides only one bolt lined up on the dizzy to head. on a previous thread that i posted i was also told that a z1 dizzy would work and bolt up fine but a friend just happened to have a d15b7 dizzy laying around he's shop and said it would also work just fine it's also a 0bd1 . does anyone know if this is true? and if so do i have to do anything else other than just plug it up? i just started getting into tuners and i dont know much so your help is greatly appreciated , thanks in advance for your inputs.

hey boosted thanks for responding, well i put the d15b7 dizzy on yesterday and drove the car around and it seem to be running fine but felt a little sluggish and yes it does rev up well over 4500. im using the d16z6 ecu that came in the car originally since it's a 0bd1 ecu and the d15b7 dizzy is also a 0bd1 but it came out of a non vtec del sol. will that matter?

thanks for all your help boosted, i have two more questions. first is how can i check to see if the timing is right and what should the timing be set at. second is after driving the car a few miles it ran hot the fan never came on, any ideas. when i bought the car it was wrecked in the front i had to replace the radiator and fan, i went with a racing radiator and a flex a lite fan ( thinking of boosting it in about 2 months ) i checked the connections and they were good, i removed the sensor below the dizzy and ran a test with a multimeter and a mini torch and it sent a signal when it got hot enough only thing left to check is the thermostat i think. the reason i asked about the timing is that i changed all the pulley's to obx and the crank pulley has no marks on it, ii also changed the cam gear to a vms adjustable cam gear. im just trying to make sure the timing is set right. sorry about the long thread,

anybody have any inputs? i need all th help i can get, dont know crap about tuners. im a motorcycle drag racer and thats the only thing that i know how to work on. please feel free to leave your input they will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

Back