1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D15B8 to D16Z6 head swap

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by lopez610, Feb 15, 2011.

1. lopez610

lopez610 New Member

new to hondas just got a 1992 eg civic cx hatch. its slammed with a sick system ok paint and some pretty decent msr rims. it looks pretty inside and out but has stock engine. needs more power for now while i save up for a K20A with a 6 speed tranny. i want to swap out the head with a head from a D16Z6. i need to know how to do it and some things i need. i know that i need a p28 ECU and a d16y8 gasket and one bolt from a d16 and a z6 timing belt with 104 teeth. anything else i need? i at least want my ride to beat a god damned zx3 for now while i work on getting a sick engine. should i just swap with a d16z6 cuz i can get one for $150 with ECU, 5 speed tranny and harness? i have a shop as i can do it all at school since im in an automotive program. just so you guys know i chose this over a 93 300zx NA so i could have gonna a faster route to more power. any info will help thanks.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted