d16y7 to 99 honda civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmclover99

I have a 99 honda civic, The car heated up one day and water made its way into the motor oil, now I had to replace my d16y8 v-tec engine with the 97 d16y7 non v-tec that i had laying around i did not swap IM from y8 to y7 i just simply swapped engines and left it at that i didnt even switch wire harness thought it would work both cars being ek and all but now i have a problem it seems the 97 engine wire harness comes with 3 plugs that go to the ecu but my car has another plug attached to the dashboard witch also needs to be connected to the ecu so now I'm stuck with four plugs that go to the ecu two of them being the same(the longer one) ..........but either way i connect it the car will not start just turn over....im using a ob2 to obd1 jumper, ecu not sure yet but its for a single cam non vtec... havent tried the ecu for the 97 civic yet because i still have that four plug problem....any help would be appreciated....

Thanks...

Where is the obd1 coming into play and why?

You will need an OBD2b p2e ecu for that y7 and your 99' harness. Be sure it matches the tranny type.

An OBD2 harness will have 3 plugs. None go to the dash.

You lost me on whatever else you wrote, so maybe slow down and explain yourself a little better. ;)

Do you have the 97 harness and ECU..That will work for you as well, if so.

Back