d16y7 to d16z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its pretty much the normal way to do it since the obd1 harness wont go into a obd2 car since there is no plug at the shock tower. there is a nice diagram in the ECU pinout thread about where vtec wires are on the conversion harness and how to do the iacv convert. good luck man and post up if you have any other questions.

just another quick question, can i run the y7 inlet manifold on the z6 head without any problems? if someone can tell me asap as im doing the engine just now

thanks

broonie

thanks for the speedy reply, its gonna save time on the wiring and my daily runner has just died on me so need the civic done asap

so whats all gogin to be needed to change? think its just the IACV. and it you use your p28 then it will throw a IACV code because its a needed change when running OBD1. changing the plug will take about 5 minutes if you have never used a set of wire crimpers and electrical tape, might as well just do it.

ok will try wire up the z6 manifold, if i have any problems i will post up pics as it will be easier for you to understand rather than me try describe it to you as i dont really know about the electrical side of it yet

yeah that helped mate, cheers

put my thinking cap on and all is clear, its quite easy if you dont think about it too hard :)

cheers

broonie

another quick and possibly stupid question but will a d16y7 head gasket fit on the d16z6 engine as i have a new gasket for the y7 sitting here and i didnt get a gasket with the z6 engine as i bought the block and head from two different people so i cant compare them

cheers

broonie

Back