D16y8 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Getting the exhaust fabricated and installed next week at Buds Muffler on 10th and Sante Fe for any Coloradans out there! Good work, a ton of performance exhaust work goes through there. Hopefully all said and done the car should finally be up and running mid january.

decided to go with the matching pacesetter catback exhaust, and get my universal cat flanged to bolt in. I installed the struts tonight. Raised the car a bit while I was at it, reinstalled generic crappy strut bar. Next up-ball joints, fuel pressure, I found this downpipe shield that clamps to your downpipe on the underside at passwordjdm.com and plan on getting that to keep my new exhaust looking decent. I would also like to get a few more dress up items. I also plan on replacing my thermostat with an lower temp rating, cooling plate, and high pressure radiator cap. I'm looking for ways to improve the cooling system because I'm only running a single core radiator.

exhaust arrived probably going on car tomorrow unless it's too cold. cat will be flanged next Friday. Ball Joints are going to be slightly put off for the rear bumper, unless I can get the bumper, ball joints, and temps at once.

exhaust done and on car. installing new heater core either tomorrow or next weekend. developed leak :-( oh well.

on a side note we've been working on my buddy's 95 civic hatch. jdm b20 with forged pistons, and rods, and a b16 head with skunk2 valvetrain, cam gears, and obx cams. Got the motor pulled from the hatch, and finished assembling the motor. few pics attached. sorry for the sideways.

Attachments

• Photo-0001.jpg
    Photo-0001.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Photo-0009.jpg
    Photo-0009.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 226
  • Photo-0015.jpg
    Photo-0015.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 242
  • Photo-0019.jpg
    Photo-0019.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
new grill, new front bumper from 00, and new rear bumper all purchased today will be painted to match next week. Side skirts are going to be repainted as well. Trying to get my hands on any gauge cluster with a tach that is stock cash in hand!

heater core bout done, megan short throw shifter recieved bumpers going on this weekend. Next week to paint, and emissions. finally.

I'll post pics as soon as the fenders and lights are here and in so my conversion is just about complete. I still wanna do the hood too.

Minor updates: working on a headlamp wire tuck both sides, as well as just generally trying to hide my wiring in the engine bay. Also in process of removing completely non working alarm. my buddy brian soldered up my deck wiring yesterday because most of the wiring was in tangles. looks way cleaner now. I'm hoping to completely finish everything started last night, tonight. With the fenders and such waiting just a little longer.

Got the tuck down a while back. Just been extremely lazy with updates. Will be ordering bisimoto cam, and valvetrain by the end of September at the latest. I'm also thinking about picking up a heat shielding intake gasket as well anyone used these before? they claim another 7 to 10 horses and I figured when I do my head I'll have to replace the intake manifold gasket anyway may as well give it a shot. I'm going to have Madcap Motors clean and assemble the whole thing. also decided to wait on front end until the head is done. I want to get closer to that 200 hp goal.

Last edited:
Y8 gasket with a layer peeled away? Custom thickness Cometic?

thanks I appreciate all the help you've given. I was looking into coil per plug conversions as well. Do you know of anyone with any experience? I heard you can use an aem ems with the twin fire ignition 4 channel and 4 msd blaster coils? or perhaps cbr coils? I was wondering the kind of power and mileage gains that could be expected from this.

I know people that have done it, but I've never done it myself... not sure exactly what hardware is needed. I don't think it's difficult though. I do know that you want to use CBR coil packs though. :)

Back