d16y8 swap trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9_civic123

ok i have recently swaped a d16y8 swap into my civic 98 hatch. obd2 motor with obd2 car.it was plug and almost play but no.for some reason the motor wont start u can hear it crankin but no combustion it just wouldnt turn over..please help me .. this has been my third swap in freaken 2months i went from b18a1 to a jdm b20b now to a d16y8,,all plugs are in well almost all except a 3 plug sensor on the throttle body.but can any one tell me a reason please..................

um i put a test light to the fuel injector plugs and it gotten signal so i would be getting fuel but i didnt see spark so what can that be?tried two distributors and tried differ spark wires

well if its not getting spark thats your problem but if theres no spark its a bad dizzy main relay or mabe the ecu

like i said i tried two dist. pretty sure one is ok. have two ecus im positive there both ok..main relayfor what component?? the car was running not to long ago how can the fuse go bad?can it be a wiring problem if so what?? what can cause it to crank but not start?? happened to me last time too with the b18a1

well did you ever get the b18 to start? it could be a ground the main relay controls spark fuel and a few other things if it goes out due to age it will keep it from starting, but you need to actuly look and see if there is spark going to your plugs

Back