1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16y8 wiring harness for b16a4 swap *HELP*

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by xlasianizelx, Mar 3, 2008.

1. xlasianizelx

xlasianizelx New Member

i have a 99 civic ex... and ppl have told me that my stock wiring harness will work with my b16a4 motor.. but i was looking through to double check and relized that the distributor plug is different, the d16 is smaller 8-pins and the b16 is 9-pins...

what do i need to swap it in,

2. BigNate

BigNate New Member

B16a4? never heard of it..

but none the less, i would imagine that your "B16a4" is OBD0 or OBD1 [hints the different plug]. what your going to have to do, is find a 96-00 B series Distributer. that way you have the same plugs..

3. xlasianizelx

xlasianizelx New Member

the b16a4 came off either a jdm, euro, canadian, or asian civic sir II (96-98) model...

its a obd2a motor, and i have a obd2b car... the distrubutor plug is different, and people told me to cut and splice the wiring.. *is that safe?*... and i was trying to figure out...

what else needs to be changed to swap in any b16 (obd2) motor with a 99 ex wiring harness.. d16y8..

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

It didn't come from a JDM car. All JDM motors have only 4 digits in their engine code. A JDM B16 would be labeled "B16A", no fifth digit.

5. xlasianizelx

xlasianizelx New Member

well thats beside the point... i need help with wiring.. i can care less about the region of motor but as long as it works... its all good...

any other plug needs modification besides the distributor?

6. BigNate

BigNate New Member

yeah im done helping you..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted