D16Z6 in a 1990 CRX HF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaliWho97

Hey guys, I have an HF, I pulled the motor, scrapped it, it was junk. I purchased a D16Z6 from a friend, and I was wondering how the injector harness plugs into the harness by the passenger side firewall. Also, what computer should I use? I figured a PR3 or a PW0 comp since they are OBD0 VTEC computers, but a guy told me I need to use the P28. Can someone please steer me in the right direction. Thanks!

youll need the feul injector resistor box off an 88 -up SI or others you can get
one for about 20 bucks then search around for the wiring procedure remember you also have to wire it to the ecu if i find my old diagram i will send it to you

I am pretty sure the hf has a resistor box. The dxes do not.

What did you do with the fuel injector plugs from your hf engine? They should fit the new injectors.

Alright, My CRX HF is a 1990 model, which makes it OBD-0. The Injector harness on the D16Z6 is from an OBD-1 car. Should I Use an OBD-0 Injector harness and wire in the VTEC w/ the MSD RPM switch, or should I get the firewall to ECU harness from an OBD-1 car? The OBD1 Firewall to ECU harness connects to a bunch of wires under the drivers side dash, and I don't want to cut. I'd like to go OBD-1 because I want to use the P28 computer. If it is easier staying OBD-0, I'll get a PW0 or PR3 computer. From those who are experienced in this, please give me your opinions. Thanks.

Back