d16z6 turbo questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

i know that a stock d16z6 can handle up to 10psi with proper tuning, blah blah blah
but what can i do to make sure that nother ever goes wrong! there has to be some kind of fail safe that would prevent my engine from going boom. :unsure:

thanks for the help

I'm boosting a D16Z6 also. I'm going to rebuild both the top and bottom ends..... Top- New valves, valve springs, retainers, guides, & seals, as well as a port and polish and 3 angle valve job. The bottom end- Crank knife edge and micropolish, +.020 over bore, SRP pistons(9:1 compression), block guard, eagle H-beam rods, as well as new federal mogul rod & main bearings............ I'll be able to run 15-20 psi all day, provided the boring of the stock cylinder walls doesn't weaken them. If it does, I'll just get the Darton sleeves. Its one hell of an investment, but, a turbo kit is also, and if you are going to do it, do it right, naw mean?

Make sure that nothing ever goes wrong? Don't modify it.

If you want to be safer, just run a more conservative tune when you have time on the dyno- don't let it lean out too much, and don't ever run your maximum boost level. Make sure you run the highest octane gas available to you, and be sure to tune with something nice and accurate, like a Hondata or other custom tuning system. Stay away from the "piggybacks" or other add-on tuning systems.

Back