D16z6 v.s.s. trouble..oi..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sohcpwr

I have a 91 hatch with d16z6 swap and dash swap from the same car.. problem: My Speedo does not for correctly. I've swapped clusters and put in another v.s.s. but with no luck. The motor mounts that I'm using are from the original car and two of them don't fit corectly making it difficult to mount the v.s.s. This may or may not be part of my problem! I'm finding it hard to get o.e.m. mounts locally. and which two would i need for the front and rear tranny mounts?? Any info would be awesome thanks!!!

hmmm

Thankz for the info, but the front mount on the cross-member doesnt match up to the bell housing the way it should. The mounts are from the ef and the motor/tranny are from the eg. The only difference in the tranny is that i had to use the cable vs. the hydro intially. The v.s.s. i have has two slots one on either side of it that are held in place by the 2 10mm bolts. I had to sheer off one of the slots to make it fit up against the motor mount. Thats where my problem is at me thinks That can't be the right motor mount unless I'm missing something.. maybe? Thanks again for the info.

Awesome! good call thanks. Well that was the tranny that i got with the motor, i kinda lucked out i was passing by used car lot and the hatch was sitting in the back with no wheels or motor but the motor was with the car. he gave me the car/motor/tranny and 1500 bucks for this crappy nissan i was trying to get rid of. Do you think i'd be better off going with the si tranny? and if i did i could probably use the mounts i have? The si has a closer gear ratio doesnt it? Thankz you're really helping me out!

Back