damn it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ive got more problems than I know what 2 do with. oK SO DID A H22 INTO A H23 PRELUDE SWAP ON A 93 LUDE i THOUGHT I WAS DONE BUT I GOT PROBLEMS. CYLINDERS 1 AND 4 ARE BARELY FIRING. THERES A LIQUID THAT SUPOSEDLY LOOKS LIKE COOLANT COMING FROM CYLINDER #1. MY COMPRESION IS WAY HIGH AT 200 WHEN IT SHOULD BE AT ABOUT 115-125. iM ALSO GETTING TOO MUCH GAS IN CYLINDERS 1 & 4., ON A H22 ENGINE THE THROTTLE BODY HAS A SENSOR THAT THE H23 WIRING HARNESS DOESENT SUPPORT.
SHOULD i SWAP THROTTLE BODIES?
WHY IS MY COMPRESSION SO HIGH?
WHY THE FUCK IS THERE LIQUID BUBLING OUT OF CYLINDER #1?
WHY ARENT CYLINDERS 1 & 4 FIRING? SHOULD I PUT THE OLD DISTRIBUTOR ON?
SHOULD i SHOOT MYSELF AND CALL IT A DAY?

I ALREADY KNOW IM GOING TO HAVE TO TEAR INTO THE ENGINE TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THE LIQUID IS COMING FROM. bUT i REALLY NEED FOR THOSE TWO CYLINDERS TO FIRE UP IVE REPLACED PLUGS AND WIRES THE ONLY THING LEFT REALLY IS THE DISTRIBUTOR.

PLEASE HELP :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

The correct firing order is 1342, if you have it wrong that's you're problem.

I have ~180 psi in each cylinder in my b18a1, 200 seems normal.

I don't know which sensor but if it's the MAP or TPS, you need it.

Where is the liquid dripping from, is it gushing out or dripping?

higher compression is better no way would u want that low compression your talking about. low compression on a stocky honda motor means bad motor!

THE FIRING ORDER IS CORRECT IVE EVEN CHANGED IT UP TO SEE IF i COULD GET THEM TO FIRE BUT THAT WAS A NO GO.
THE LIQUID IS BUBLING OUT OF THE EXHAUST MANIFOLD
THE SENSOR IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE INTAKE ON TOP. WHEN U OPEN YOUR HOOD AND LOOK AT THE THROTTLE BODY ITS THE FIRST THING U SEE.

THOSE WHO HAVE DONE THIS WHICH SENSORS DID NOT GET HOOKED UPWHEN U DID THE SWAP?i GOT A COUPLE BUT i DONT THINK ANY OF THEM ARE ON THE WIRING HARNESS

damn dude

you are truly fucked

did you check the compression on ALL 4 CYLINDERS?

a 2001 H22 has 225 pounds of compression, and low compression = bad

do you have any idea what you are doing?
it doesn;t sound like it
and i doubt your car will EVER run right

you need to know what you are doing with wiring, and you need to know which distributor to use, and you need to know which sensors need to be run to the ecu, you need to know which ecu you need to run

just so many things to even try and start helping you

coolant in the cylinder = bad head gasket most likely...
or possibly a crack somewhere

sounds like the motor is cooked
and if you have coolant in #1, and #1 and #4 aren;t firing i;m guessing they don;t have good compression and won;t fire

do you have spark to #1 and #4?
which distributor are you tyring to use?
and you really don;t want any H23 parts on the H22, if you have something with an extra sensor, or less one sensor then you need to find out what its for and hook it up correctly

i would HIGHLY advise you to get a manual at the least, but sounds like you seriously need professional help...

did you run the REQUIRED wires to the ecu, or you just plugged it in?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 19 2004, 02:30 PM
did you run the REQUIRED wires to the ecu, or you just plugged it in?
[post=419290]Quoted post[/post]​

???REQIRED WIRES FOR VTEC???\

OH i KNOW IM FUCKED. BUT i DO HAVE THE RIGHT ecu P13. tHE DISTRIBUTOR WIRING i GOT OFF OF THIS SITE. (* iNTERNAL \eXTERNAL)
LIQUID COMING FROM EXHAUST PORT ON THE HEAD.

i ACCUALY DO HAVE PROFESIONAL HELP BUT THEY KEEP SAYING I NEED TO PULL PARTS OFF MY OLD MOTOR TO MATCH UP THE SENSORS.

loose the caps for starters...

did you mess with the distributor wiring at all?
do you still have the H22 dist hooked up to the motor?

do you have spark to 1 and 4, or they are just not firing during combustion stroke

did you compression test all 4 clyinders? especially #1 clyinder???

partially sounds like you got a screwed motor & or you did some thing wrong on the install

is this liquad coolant? prob anti-freeze/oil

take a bucket..poor oil and anitfreeze into it and see wut happens...and thats your liquad....

man up and take ur car to a shop

i bet 1 and 4 have bent valves, or bad head gasket at least on 1, or maybe you smashed the valves into the head, not sure if that would cause coolant leak or not...

where did you get the motor?

and the "professionals" oyu speak of, do they do swaps? or are just regular mechanics?

a regular mechanic would try to use all the old parts on the new motor just to make it run... but it prob would never run right, and def not to full race potential...

once again, did you comp test ALL FOUR cyl's? and did you do the test before or after the cam timing being off???

did the motor come with cam timing off or did you replace the timing belt and fuck it up

if it came like that i bet it jumped teeth and got fucked before they even took it out of the previous car...

THERES A LIQUID THAT SUPOSEDLY LOOKS LIKE COOLANT COMING FROM CYLINDER #1.

and who told you it should be around 115-125????

is that your PROFESSIONAL??????????

coolant coming from the exhaust ports?

Are you sure it's not where the head and block mate, could be just a head gasket which is probably why you have low compression also (if 225 is normal).

That plug on top of the TB sounds like a MAP, you need to hook it up someway or another. At least with b series swaps it is.

You could be lucky and just have a few semi-minor problems, mostly that head gasket, i would take a look at that if i were you.

I can't help you with the dizzy situation cause I don't know about the procedure and shit for the h22s. i qould reccomend getting it looked at as well or figure out what's wrong.

wouldnt a bad headgasket land him way lower than the 180 comp hes pulling on my old b18a i was landing 120-130 compression with a bad headgasket , if this shop sold him this motor and told him his compression should be this maybe they are screwing him (the professionals he is talking about)

can't tell you exactly, but if the 225 psi is normal than 180 is terrible, just like 120 is terrible on a b18a/b.

all cylinders compresed at 235 even #1
The h22 distributor is still hooked up. I have a jumper wire going to it because the plug ins arent the same
I do have spark to cylinders 1 & 4 and an excess of gas to them but no fire. sounds wierd to me too thats why originaly i thought it could be the timing which is fixed now.

Lets pretend that the liquid in cylinder 1 doesent exist. Im in the process of fixing that.

What could cause 1 & 4 not to fire? if its getting gas and spark how come no fire

my first guess would be your "jimmy rig" jumper wire

do you have a timing light? can you check to see if its firing anywhere near TDC?

do you have the right injectors?
perhaps the injectors are just dumping WAY too much fuel = wet spark plug/no spark and excess liquid...
are you sure its coolant? and positive its from the exhaust port?

if it has good compression, gas, and spark, then has to be either plugs aren;t good enough/not enough spark, or its firing at the wrong time...

you may need to mess with the plugs/wires going to the dist, not sure on H23 to H22 swap in a lude...

you can also try turning the distributor forward or backward to manually advance/retard the timing to get it to work? perhaps?

NEW THOUGHT

a h22 with 235 pounds sounds more than likely that its gotta be either really low low mileage or its an OBD2

do you know what year car it came from?
where it came from?
JDM? importer? junkyard?

if the motor is OBD2, and your car is OBD1, then you have a whole diffrent set of cluster fuck circumstances to deal with now...

if you have no idea look at the head stamp, it will have little circles with little arrows pointing to little numbers, these represent manufacture date for the motor...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 19 2004, 03:00 PM
THERES A LIQUID THAT SUPOSEDLY LOOKS LIKE COOLANT COMING FROM CYLINDER #1.

and who told you it should be around 115-125????

is that your PROFESSIONAL??????????
[post=419308]Quoted post[/post]​

Yup thats my profesional. maybee I should give him my chiltons. Im just tired of messing with it. Its been 2 1\2 long months, and alot of money that I dont have.

Back