1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dash lights and taillights dont work???

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 4DRCiViCB16, May 4, 2009.

1. 4DRCiViCB16

4DRCiViCB16 New Member

I have a 1993 honda civic 4Dr b20z w/b16 trans recently my engine light started flashing and im no pro but it is giving me the codes 7 and 20 or 27? i was wondering if this ahd anything to do with my problem? its like the only lights in my whole car that work are the dome light and the headlights, and they taillights come on when i brake.. any help plzzz!!?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

well there is no code 27 and im not sure if code 20 could mess with that, thats the electrical load detector. but i would check my fuses first. and code 7 is the throttle position sensor so thats not gonna do it

3. Daruis42

Daruis42 New Member

I had the same problem with my integra it is the same fuse for dashlights and taillights (probobly so that you know your taillights are out) it would randomly blow the fuse and I hunted it down and one of the wires for my marker light in the front was shorting out when i turned the lights on because it was pinched behind the headlight.. have you done anything to your headlights/taillights recently that may have caused something like that to happen? its just an idea or somewhere to start

4. 4DRCiViCB16

4DRCiViCB16 New Member

Thanks you so much man i hit a fox and it rolled up my hood and hit my light out.. ever since then ive been having the problems im at work now and when i get home ill be sure to check and let you know if you helped me out:D

5. BLADE699

BLADE699 New Member

I have the exact same problem with my 93 4dr, except it turns out to be a bad dimmer switch, but definitely check the fuses.

6. 4DRCiViCB16

4DRCiViCB16 New Member

Dimmer switch what does it cost to replace one of those/ where is it located?

7. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

dude you almost definitely blew the fuse... like previously stated, the tails are on the same fuse as the dash lights so that you know when they dont work.

the dimmer switch (the dial that lets you dim or brighten the dash lights) is on that same circuit so it is possible theres a short there... but first thing to do is check the fuse!

8. 4DRCiViCB16

4DRCiViCB16 New Member

Alright man thanks ill let you know what happens when i replace the fuse!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted