Data recovery places ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
Well I had a solidworks part open, autocad files, labview app, email and some other shit open on my desktop today at work. Took a walk over to the machine shop next door, picked up some parts and checked on the status of some other parts, came back to work with my dual monitors displaying please insert bootable disk. Reboot and same message, damn! so I changed sata data cables, power cable, etc... still the bios doesn't see the drive. Tried it in a different system same issue. I had the exact same make model hard disk in stock for parts and swapped the controller board and still no luck.

So before I go into our clean room and try and swap the platters from the bad drive into a working drive does anyone have any leads on a data recovery service ???

I'd let the computer sit for awhile and try it again, sometimes they'll boot up just fine till it heats up and crashes again. I've had good luck with that.

Also there's the freezer thing, someone swear by it. plus it in the freezer for a few hours then try it.

+1 on the platter swap. sounds like you've eliminated the rest already. g'luck and hopefully it's not a waste of time and you get your data back. sending it out is very costly. usually costs more than your time to re-do the work is worth. sending it to a recovery facility is really only worth while for mission critical information, like financial records, trade secrets, R&D, etc.

The work I was doing falls under R&D

well I'm going to give one last shot with a program called spinrite by steve gibson

spinrite also works well. usually we do that after the freezer trick.hope you have a spare machine to toss that drive in sometimes it takes days.

spinrite couldn't even find the drive.

Back