DC sports

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my DC header (4-1) for about 3 months. It was used on my LS and seemed fine, there was somewhat of a difference. Then I put it on my GSR and it cracked at all 4 of the welds where it bolts to the manifold. The 2 outsides went all the way around, and the 2 in the middle where half way around. I ended up trading for a stock SI header, and noticed no difference in performance. In my opinion, DC :thumbsdown:

Originally posted by hooktupciv95@Nov 9 2003, 01:48 AM
I had my DC header (4-1) for about 3 months. It was used on my LS and seemed fine, there was somewhat of a difference. Then I put it on my GSR and it cracked at all 4 of the welds where it bolts to the manifold. The 2 outsides went all the way around, and the 2 in the middle where half way around. I ended up trading for a stock SI header, and noticed no difference in performance. In my opinion, DC :thumbsdown:

so youre saying that a stock SI header fits a GSR engine???

i smell :bs:

how much clearance did the header have against the oil pan? did you bolt the header to the block? i ask this becasue from my experience, the headers for the LS are somewhat shorter then the ones for the GSR becasue the oil pan on the GSR is deeper at the part where the header goes (not positive on why, but i think it has something to do with the fact that the gsr has a crank girdle and adds about another 1/2" to the depth). so if you have a header that is tight against the oil pan, it could cause the header to endure more stresses at the flange then usual. in which case it would be your own fault because you used a header designed for the wrong engine. same thing if you didnt bolt the header to the block. in case you didnt notice, headers are quite heavy. when the header is hung by the flange, its tendency is to push downward and outward using the flange as the pivot point, creating more stress on the flange itself also which could cause the same result as you experienced. in this case this would also be your fault becasue you failed to properly install the header.

and i do think that a SI header will fit a gsr engine. stock manifolds are 4-2-1 designs. a dc 4-1 designed for a b16 ALMOST fit my gsr engine. if i would have had an extra 1/2" of clearance it would have fit. so i think that a 4-2-1 design would fit fine. actually im almost positive it will work because that same 4-1 header that i almost fit on my engine came off of Calesta's first build, the B20/VTEC. so a b16 4-1 header WILL fit the LS and B20 and b16 engines, but will NOT fit the GSR/CTR/ITR engines. however i do think that a 4-2-1 will fit, but is not recommended and you will have little clearance against the oil pan.

basically just buy the right damn header for your car/engine.

Um, probally not. It's a 95 GSR in my 95 cvic coupe. When you swap a dohc motor into your coupe, you get the headers from an SI, because the 95 civic and 99-00 SI share the same length. It saves the cost having to get a cat custom fit for you car. So next time before you flame me, get your facts straight.

And to GSRcrxsi, yes everything was mounted correctly and there was plenty space in-between the header and oil-pan. So it wasn'y improperly installed. Believe me I was pissed, but in a way it was a good thing, because instead of buying a new header, im saving for a turbo mani. :D

well you are wrong, you are supposed to get the headers for an integra type r. it will be the right length trust me, all the others are the same, i have a gsr engine in my CRX and with the integra type r header it all lines up. the gsr is the only one that has a different length, all the others are the same length but different heights. and if you got the 4-1 header for a b16 egine and you put it on your gsr engine then theres your problem, its the wrong damn header and will not fit unless you force it on, which is not good. believe me ive done it and the header simply does not fit right. and the reason the stock header worked is becasue its a 4-2-1 which gives more clearance on the oil pan then a 4-1 will.

Thats weird because the DC header went on without any problem, everything lined up perfect. I wish I still had it so I could take a pic and show you. :shrug2: but hey whatever I dont need it anyways I guess, right?

yea everything lines up its jus that the b16 header is too short. and is tight against the oil pan with the 4-1 design. 4-2-1 will clear but still not good.

to clear this up, the gsr headers are the only header that is different in terms of the length it reaches to bolt to the cat. it doesnt reach as far, about 2" too short.

now the b16 headers are shorter in a different way, they are shorter in terms of height.

so in short,

will a b16 header "bolt up"? yes
will it fit right? no

Yup, probably because that header doesn't fit your GSR block in the first place.

I have a DC 4-2-1 ceramic and so foar so good for 7mos

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 8 2003, 11:53 AM
There design on their strut bars suck.
DCSATA2002B.jpg

Look there are holes in the bar. What does that do? Take away strenth. Any bar that can flex with my guns (I bench like 140 max so that was intended to be sarcasm) then it sure as hell wont stiffen up a 2-3000 car.

Also, the hinges are weak as hell. True they may have a good side and a bad side, but the strutbars/tie bars are on the bad side for sure.

the aluminium ones yeah
but not these
s3fb4ac750c364.jpg

100% titanium even the mounts

You know what SMOKEYBOY, dont try to be all nice and peachy right after you talked shit on me. Your a fucken fag and when i ask questions here i would not like you to answer because the words that come out of your mouth dont mean a god damn thing to me bitch! :ufucktard:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back