del sol B18C swap issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ds87

I know this has been covered before, but I still have a few questions concerning a B18C swap into a del sol. I have a '93 S.
Will the exhaust fit right?
Will I have enough clearance?
Is there anything I should do to my car prior to doing the swap--it's completely stock at the moment.

if by "exhaust fit right" you mean will the integra gsr manifold bolt to your del-sol catylitic converter, then, no, you will either need to use an integra LS exhaust manifold/header or a type R header, and bolt it to your del-sol cat;
OR use the gsr exhaust manifold and the gsr cat and bolt it to your exhaust mid-pipe.
dont ask why but the gsr engine used a manifold that was shorter but a cat that was longer, the cat actually has the o2 bung in it where the LS engine had the o2 bung in the manifold right before the cat.
as for clearance I don't know what you mean
as for prep there isn't really much other than making sure all your bolts are going to come out clean and that your axle nuts will come off easily.
make sure to have a ride incase your swap takes longer than expected due to unforseen problems.

Back