Del Sol brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bfodle

I have a 1993 Del Sol that I did a 94 Integra swap on the front brakes. Calipers, hubs, brackets, pads, rotors, master cylinder and booster. After the install I bled all four wheels in the correct pattern and now when I drive it, after braking at some intersections, the brake pedal gets very stiff. So stiff in fact that the car won't go over 40 mph and I smell pads burning. I've adjusted the pedal, thinking that was it, but it didn't help. Tried swapping out vacuum hoses and that helped slightly, but it still isn't right. I've searched many forums and can't figure it out, as I haven't read where anyone has had this problem. Any thoughts?

The rubber line that connects the hard tubing can collapse and cause the caliper to hold pressure,thus locking the brakes.

i would check the caliper seals. i dont see an issue with ABS/non-ABS, its a sensor/pressure system. in this scenario im pretty sure the normal parts work the same.

After working on this for over a month, I'm still having the same issue. Replaced the mc and booster, rubber lines and still no luck. The caliper isn't sticking, as I've had someone press on the pedal and the calipers are not stuck. After locking up, if I wait an hour, the brakes free up, or if I open the bleeder valves, it drives fine, but only for about 10 minutes before they lock up again. Has anyone had this problem before?

if the caliper is not releasing then its shot

replace it

^What they said..
Change the caliper man. All the booster does is assist in power braking. I'v heard and seen the rubber lines blow out but never collapsing. the MC normally leaks when its bad. the only thing that should cause your issue is blockage not letting the brake fluid return or the caliper being shot and not going back in enough.

Update: changed calipers and rubber lines, still not working. Brakes lock up after a few miles of driving, but still only the front brakes. Going to try to switch everything back to stock and see if that helps.

Back