Del Sol Fender Replacement

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Has anyone replaced a del sol fender? I have the manual, but for some reason in the Helms manual, there is no mention of the del sol fender. I need to get it replaced, and found this one, since I got 3 estimates, and they all want to charge 225.00 + labor, It dosen't look too hard, I was just wondering if anyone has replaced one before.

I haven't personally taken off a del sol fender but hondas are pretty much all the same, Usually 3-4 10mm bolts along the upper rails inside the hood, one or two inside the door jam, one or two at the bottom by the rocker panel (you may have to take off the sideskirt/rocker cover and another couple 10mm's behind the headlight/bumper area. You will also have to pull the clips in the fender skirt and possibly a mud flap. You'll figure it out once you start pulling shit apart. And I would suggest finding a used fender opposed to a aftermarket one, they tend to fit a lot better.

Originally posted by swanny@Apr 18 2005, 08:17 PM
I haven't personally taken off a del sol fender but hondas are pretty much all the same, Usually 3-4 10mm bolts along the upper rails inside the hood, one or two inside the door jam, one or two at the bottom by the rocker panel (you may have to take off the sideskirt/rocker cover and another couple 10mm's behind the headlight/bumper area. You will also have to pull the clips in the fender skirt and possibly a mud flap. You'll figure it out once you start pulling shit apart. And I would suggest finding a used fender opposed to a aftermarket one, they tend to fit a lot better.
[post=488488]Quoted post[/post]​

werd if you can find a used one in mint shape your much better off. also, dunno how you plan on having the fender painted but as long as you have the other fender there when you go to remove/replace the old one then there should be no guessing as to how to get it off (as you will have the ohter one to look at and locate all the bolts by the holes. Hit me up if you have any other questions....ive worke3d on just about everything as far as bodywork and collision repair goes

buy it and bring it over nick, well git 'r dun

:ph34r:

On my EJ (coupe) there are 4 along the top edge, 2 behind the rear edge in the doorjam, one under the rocker plastic, and one behind the bumper if I remember right. I might be mistaken on the one behind the bumper.

Oh shit, just noticed that is "OEM style" (translation -- shit). Bah, back to the drawing board...

Originally posted by Havok@Apr 18 2005, 07:36 PM
Has anyone replaced a del sol fender? I have the manual, but for some reason in the Helms manual, there is no mention of the del sol fender. I need to get it replaced, and found this one, since I got 3 estimates, and they all want to charge 225.00 + labor, It dosen't look too hard, I was just wondering if anyone has replaced one before.
[post=488483]Quoted post[/post]​

I have presonally installed one on my sol because of a minor accident that i was involved in. I would say the install isnt really that difficult, as a matter of fact i went into the body shop to get the front end of my sol painted factory milano red and they were surprised that I did it myself hehe. The installation is just a little time consuming, take your time and compare the fender you bought with the one you are taking out. Use all the plastic pieces and be aware of this one piece which was a bitch to push into the new fender but besides that the install was a piece of cake.

Back