dells suck!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

okay, so dell is giving me a refund for the dvd burner...note to you guys, do not get ANY of their dimension desktops with the optional dvd burner, the burner suck donkey balls.

Originally posted by ragebomb@Jul 2 2004, 01:43 AM
yeah, i got my first laptop ever.... bought it 2 months ago. it's a dell 1100. i saw lots of folks saying best thing to do is wipe the drive and do a fresh install of everything... yikes. what a nightmare... i had no idea how hard it would be.

It's a little tougher for laptops, many use funky drivers that aren't included with XP. Most regular PCs need no special drivers though. Wipe, Install XP, download updated video drivers and DirectX, install your favorite apps, and you're done.

:withstupid:

However, my computer is from dell and when my monitor blew, I emailed them. 3 days later an express shipped monitor was sitting on my door step. Must have cost them $50 to send me the monitor, and they didn't even ask for verification, they just sent it and asked for the old one back.

(I think I got such good service because they think I was a company. I ordered thorough the small business part of their site [the computer was a workstation, no just a normal desktop])

Back