Denatured alcohol.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

try any home improvement store, or even a grocery store.

Originally posted by rudeludenotmeanthough@Oct 4 2003, 12:32 PM
I called and asked if they carried it, and they said no. :hmm:

Weird. The last time I had to buy some, my local Home Depot had it... maybe things have changed.

I just bought 2 gallons a few weeks again,
S-L-X Denatured Alcohol. but if lowes had it
that's all that matters.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 4 2003, 09:45 PM
I am lost, what does denatured alcohol and passing smog have to do with each other?

Doesn't it dilute your gas so that it burns it more efficiently? I'm probably wrong. That'd be my guess though.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 4 2003, 04:38 PM
I just bought 2 gallons a few weeks again,
S-L-X Denatured Alcohol. but if lowes had it
that's all that matters.

thats it! i got it at Lowes

CRX, did you buy it for smog? How did it turn out?

yes I've used it to pass am emissions check, it's a very clean burning feul, the only problem is it burns so clean you need to add some regular petrol to it or the emissions people will make you come back for a retest becasue there's no way a gas powered car could burn feul so clean, so you need to give there system some kind of emissions to read.
so you need to make a 2:1 mix of denatured alcohol to gas.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 5 2003, 12:17 PM
yes I've used it to pass am emissions check, it's a very clean burning feul, the only problem is it burns so clean you need to add some regular petrol to it or the emissions people will make you come back for a retest becasue there's no way a gas powered car could burn feul so clean, so you need to give there system some kind of emissions to read.
so you need to make a 2:1 mix of denatured alcohol to gas.

dont ya mean 1:2 denatured alcohol to gas...
meaning 1 part alcohol; 2 parts gas.

nope 2 parts alcohol 1 part gas. you want a 66% of the mix to be alcohol.

why don't we just use that instead of gas then???? if it's more efficient??

Back