Denver Voters OK Marijuana Possession

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
DENVER - Residents of the Mile High City have voted to legalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults. Authorities, though, said state possession laws will be applied instead.

With 100 percent of precincts reporting early Wednesday, 54 percent, or 56,001 voters, cast ballots for the ordinance, while 46 percent, or 48,632 voters, voted against it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051102/ap_on_...enver_marijuana

:laugh: yea its has passed several times, but still illegal. its legal to have in your house but still illegal to have on you in public. when it comes down to just cause we vote for it doesnt mean it becomes legal it still is up to the goverment to make it legal and they wont allow it.

Reminds me of....yesterday. During our 10 minute break from class, me and my buddy Charlie smoked a bowl right out in front of the College of Business building. Yep, that's right, in front of about 10 people. No one was going to say anything.

Does this apply to only the City of Denver specifically, or does it include the Denver metro area, like Thornton, Northglenn, Westminster, etc.

Quoted post[/post]]
Reminds me of....yesterday. During our 10 minute break from class, me and my buddy Charlie smoked a bowl right out in front of the College of Business building. Yep, that's right, in front of about 10 people. No one was going to say anything.

Does this apply to only the City of Denver specifically, or does it include the Denver metro area, like Thornton, Northglenn, Westminster, etc.
:laugh: if you smoke it in front of cops you still would get busted.

I think it applys to denver and the metro area ie arvada, westminster, northglenn, thornton, and so on

bah, the voters have spoken for the denver area, but its still not legal until the state and fed's follow the voice of the voters, which will never happen

Quoted post[/post]]

:laugh: if you smoke it in front of cops you still would get busted.

I think it applys to denver and the metro area ie arvada, westminster, northglenn, thornton, and so on

That's a given. But what if you get pulled over and searched? Then only the State Patrol would be able to bust you for possession? Come on Denver, follow in Amsterdam's footsteps!

it will take a national campaign to educate the country about mary jane. short of that...it wont happen...not until B is elected president that is.

Sweet! Now they just need to start up Cannibus Clubs like they have here in the Bay Area. My buddy grows for them, the state pays well for herb. Haha, god I love Cali :)

neat. the best is to smoke spliffs on the way to class... little tobaccy, little weeeeeeed, doesnt smell too bad and you still get high.

Quoted post[/post]]
:laugh: yea its has passed several times, but still illegal. its legal to have in your house but still illegal to have on you in public. when it comes down to just cause we vote for it doesnt mean it becomes legal it still is up to the goverment to make it legal and they wont allow it.

The way the law is setup you can have 1 ounce or less on you in your home to use however the hell you want to use it.

BUT, the kicker is... if the STATE Police or Feds find it, they still can and will prosecute you for illegal drug posession.

I wonder if they have a country club in Mile High City called The Mile High Club. :shrug2:

captain-obvious-437_640x480.jpg

so i am watching the news heres the full story,

you can carry under an ounce if your 21 and older and under denver city law you can get away with it but they will nail you under the state law.
and its still illegal to smoke it in public. because state law over rules city law, so no mater what your screwed. if you get caught with pot you get fined and might get jail time.

I'm so glad to see this country is heading the right way on some subjects. I didn't know about the legal posession at home law thingy....maybe I should move to denver :)

sooooooooooooooo basicly this means nothing, you will still get busted.. whats the point?

the Denver Metro Police Dept cant do anything, but the Colorado State Troopers can... wow so while they have you pulled over or standing at your house they can simply call the Staties and bust you..

Back