Diesel, Yes? No? Maybe So...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

True...very true. and we as Americans will pay the prices at the pump. Not because we are willing but rather because we have limited choices.

Cummins is nice, but there is something about a sequential turbo and a 6.4L that grabs me by the balls.

Well, do you want a truck that looks good while broken down on the side of the road, or a truck that performs well and is reliable?

true if i had to buy one i would get the dodge,based on the other is a ford and fords are pos but can look good

I am partial to Ford so I am biased. I will give you the powerstroke 6L was a POS, but look at the 7.3L before that. I think the 6.4 will be a reliable truck due to the fact that Ford lost customers because of poor reliability of the 6.0 and they will not have a repeat.

My dad gets 17mpg with his 06 cummins, auto, 35s on 18 inch chrome. My cousin has the same truck with the 6 speed he gets 21-23mpg. Also worth mentioning my cousin had a bullydog chip in his cummins. He had to take it out, it made the truck completely undrivable. Im talking shifting from 5th to 6th going down the freeway, not using the throttle, if there was any moisture on the road you were going sideways. Tons of power. :eek: It was like driving a damn muscle car.

I'm getting a diesel the minute I'm out of college, or need a truck.

Here they're on par for gas, a lil more for price if not boiught from the show room, but seriously make so much more power.

I'm talking ripping tree's out of the ground mother fucking power.

Jacking people at the pump is not econ 101. There is a greater demand for gasoline and a higher price, therefore they're switching production of diesel over to gasoline. Market clearing of gasoline is growing in quantity, and stablizing price (if things like this didn't happen gas would be much more expensive).

Demand for diesel is the same, now supply has decreased (shifted left) -> market clearing price will rise.

That's Econ 101.

hmmm... interesting facts... even the Econ lesson i just got lol

I wish I could afford a new F-250... i'm looking for a used truck. aroubnd 2001 or so. Thanks for the help guys...we'll see what i end up getting :)

Diesel for towing jet skis???? WTF?

If you just plan on towing jet skis or a few quads you should get a Tacoma or Frontier. The new 4.0 V6 puts out enough power to easilty pull a trailor, plus you can still go offroading and camping. The big diesels are good for one thing, towing.

Sounding nice and lots of power is a good perk, but i dont know if he would look too cool when he gets stuck in the soft sand trying to back jetskis into the water. Unless he plans to modify it with huge wheels, lift, ect......its just not worth it for jet skis and quads.

Not true. A tacoma or any midsize truck is maybe a 1/4 ton vs a 1 ton truck. One is lighter and will sink less. Check out these videos of the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks trying to go on the dirt and sand. Its pathedic. I love diesels, but these trucks are only made for towing. In europe and many other countries the ranger and tacoma/hilux come with a diesel....so then you could have the best of both worlds.

Video - Tell me why this truck sucks so bad? - Trucks^^Offroad

Video - Short vid of my truck offroad

Tacoma

Video - My Taco slowing crawling a trail.

I went to a Toyota dealership about three months ago with my class and they were talking about a new diesel that they are working on. Seems kinda of cool to me. I would imagine they would put it in something like a Tacoma or Tundra. I am pretty sure they were talking about making it a four cylinder diesel...which would still put down some pretty good torque numbers, especially if they were to drop it into a tacoma.

Back