Differential info, PLEASE HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Ok, basically I got screwed out of an GSR transmission & its an LS with a broken Diff. I already have a GSR diff i'm trying to throw in there. I bought a ITR final drive kit (4.40) to swap the GSR diff in there to temporarily use this transmission. My engine builder is saying the ring gear will not fit onto the both of the GSR diff's I have. (one oem, other obx LSD). I'm thinking I got screwed again & since it is a 4.40 it must be a B16 ring gear.

My question is, does someone absolutely know that an ITR final drive fits & is a direct swap over to a GSR. It was to my understanding that the GSR & ITR we're completely interchangable like the B16/LS are. I really need to be sure before I take any course of action with this guy through ebay. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

im in your same boat. ive heard that the ITR FD and the GSR FD are interchangable. i dont know for sure, but thats what ive heard.

Are you having a problem with fitting a final drive onto a differential? As far as I knew & have been told time & time again they are interchangable. I even looked up the part numbers from acura & the GSR & ITR are the same. This fricken guy is saying its from a type r & i'm saying, there's no way. It fits on an LS or B16 but not a GSR It is 4.40 so it has to be B16 because LS is 4.2 or some shit. 2nd time I got screwed. F'ing assholes...

Yes they are indeed the same. I have an ATS lsd for gsr/typer in my b16 trann, using the jdm 4.78 FD kit. You must have a B16/LS sized ring gear if its too small to fit on there.

Back