direct port, water injection, CO2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not sure if I'm in the right place for this but here goes. I have had a Jackson water injection system for some time. I just bought the new direct port efi rail unit and was also thinking about the new CO2 intercooler bar and fuel rail kit. Am I crazy. Can you tell me if any of these cancel out. In the middle of doing the wiring.

I know people use the water injection to retard timing timing for detation but the others seem the same way.

If they are the same what's the best choice? Thanks.

the intercooler and water injection both fight detonation by raising the specific heat required to raise your a/f temperature. In essence this means that it takes more power to warm your mixture up to the point of spontaneous ignition. This is a 100% good thing.

The fuel unit is simply going to help you more fuel to your system, which dosent really hurt anything at all. Now that you are shoving in more air, you need the extra fuel to burn (the only reason you're adding air anyway!). Get your wiring done right and a good tuner :D

Thanks to the both of you. Sorry pissedoffsol didn't see the post till after I posted this one.

Thanks freemantle. I'm working on the wiring but you know you always forget something. As far as tuning I'm trying to get Mase to do it but I think he is too busy or not interested.

So you think one air and one fuel should be fine then, right?

I 2nd that. Unless you are doing something stupid fast (and your not. By stupid fast I mean dosen't operate at part-throttle, clutch fully engages at the slightest depress, sounds like a monster, open header, sandrail) then you should be fine.

If you're using a roots style blower, then h20 injection would probably be easier than an I/C. But why invest that much in a blower when you could sell it and go turbo?

Since you already have an I/C, you should sell the H20 injection + C02 and buy some tuning time.

One more thing. I love my and understand that too much power is crazy but one more question. Not looking to use either one on the street but am looking for an edge. Looking to do dyno contest. I already have an instain amount power for the street.

Set up on a dyno everything is locked down so anything can be crazy. Not to remind you of the small fan they use to blow air into the intercooler.

Back