Disappearing Fluids

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

i have a 92 integra ls thats pretty stock except with a CAI and a Koyo radiator.. anyway, my cars been idling pretty bad and i have no idea what it is.. replaced the distrubutor, wires, plugs, caps, rotors, fuel filter, and added injector cleaners *dunnoe if that works*.. anyway, it still idles bad and sometimes bad enough that it dies.. now i have another problem, my coolant keeps disappearing.. every time i put in fluid, about once every 2-3 weeks, it keeps getting dry.. if someone know whats wrong with my car, itd appreiciate it.. thanks guys.

yup- check your oil. hell, change your oil- and look for the coolant "mixing" with the oil. 99% sure its a headgasket

:roll:
yeah, look for a milky color in your oil, oil droplets in your radiator, or excessive steam in your exhaust.

yep basicly what everyone else said. Your funky idle is because of the low coolant. Check for leaks. Mine did that until I found a leak where one of the rad. hose met the block. Do what everyone else said. Check your radiator and see if there is a milky residue, and change oil and look for the same. If it is, its your head gasket and your oil and coolant is mixing.

yeah, the resevoir tank is really thick and stinky.. its like muddy in there.. but i replaced my radiator last year with a koyo unit and checked for leaks and replaced my upper radiator hose.. no leaks.. can it be somewhere else? also, how much is it to replace ur headgasket?? i kno its like 50-100 for the unit itself, but how much would a rough estimate from a shop be?? my dad said 500ish.. thats a lot man.. also, how hard is it?? my dad also said that u can fuck up royally and mess up ur motor.. anyway, thanks for the response guys..

Replace your radiator cap...it's also a thermostat...i guess you didn't know that huh? trust me 5 dollars for the cap and will fix your problem...

Back