Disc brake replacement, take 2...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Passenger rear completely torn down. Since I'm not replacing the caliper on this one, it took a lot less time.
brakes5-12.jpg

Rebuilt
brakes5-14.jpg

The area, and my new 2 ton jackstands. I need to go get two more so I can do the fronts also. :)
brakes5-11.jpg

My two year old pads...
Passenger side on the left, drivers side on the right.
brakes5-10.jpg

I think the caliper replacement is going to fix this once and for all... I mean look at this difference between the pads that were installed on the same day, 8.15.05.
brakes5-13.jpg

So yeah, went to do my front brakes... they don't fit...

So I decided to rip off my bumper and cut my intake.
modifications012.jpg

I made my CAI a short ram!
modifications004.jpg

modifications008.jpg

Replacing this;
modifications015.jpg

With this

modifications017.jpg

My header/O2 will work beautifully, if I can get it out of my manifold..
DCSports4-1.jpg

It's like a virtual Stock and aftermarket Civic Parts bin in my garage right now... haha

and yeah, that intake is dirty as shit. I bought a cleaning kit for it.

Disk breaks = 10 min job if the car is already jacked up with wheels off.
drum.... total bitch I hate dealing with those #@$#@$ing springs.

Yeah if I had the correct front rotors, I'd have been able to drive the car at least once tonight.

Well i was going to just replace it with a short ram, but the one I have won't work.

Reason being is giant puddles + no splash guard (took that off 3 years ago cause the bolts broke and it was hanging down anyway)

= possible bad things.

True, hydrolock will F you up. But If it was running to the inside of the bumper, and since the wheels are behind that, I don't think it is likley. Unless you are going into puddles that may touch your bumper, or even deeper.
I just think that the coldest air is right there.
But that is just me.

Yeah it's been fine for the past three years, But during those three years I've been paranoid as fuck. There are a lot of roads here that will get 6+ inches of standing water you can't see until you're on top of them.

full CAI are IMO over rated. based on the other mods you have I'm guessing going from a full to a short air intake is going to drop you maybe .25 -.5 hp

SH*T. Well, I guess the most important thing is saving your motor.
Nice job with the brakes too. I am hella paranoid too. I always hear something that I don't like, or a bump thats not right. Anyways, take it easy.

full CAI are IMO over rated. based on the other mods you have I'm guessing going from a full to a short air intake is going to drop you maybe .25 -.5 hp

... other mods?

The CAI was the only mod on the engine I've had, that is until we get the header on monday/tuesday...

Don't really care about power that much. I just enjoyed the comments on how loud vtec was with the cai. now with it cut to a short ram... haha

... other mods?

The CAI was the only mod on the engine I've had, that is until we get the header on monday/tuesday...

Don't really care about power that much. I just enjoyed the comments on how loud vtec was with the cai. now with it cut to a short ram... haha

That was my point you had little to no other mods to support it so going from long to short wont really do anything for it other then help you sleep better at night knowing you wont suck up some water.

I don't lose sleep over that. lol

Helps me drive better at night, though. ;)

Back